- P&O Ferries Posts Best Third Quarter Cargo Volumes Ever
- MOL, Gas Sayago Forge Ties on World’s Largest FSRU
- Drewry: US East Coast Ports Attracting More Cargo from Asia
- Supertanker Rates Top USD 100,000 a Day
- Renaissance sells Topaz Engineering for $18.5m
- Eimskip charters in another vessel
- Rolls-Royce Slashes 400 More Jobs in Marine Division
- Incat Tasmania Wins Super Ferry Order from Mols-Linien
- Port of Rotterdam’s Oldest Container Terminal Closes Its Gates
- Debris Found in Search Area for El Faro, Ship and 33 Crew Still Missing
- Hess takes over Perisai drilling rig in Malaysia after signing farm-out agreement
- TMS Cardiff Gas orders first LPG carriers
- Pirates Board Chemical Tanker off Malaysia
- Panama Canal Authority Completes USD 450M Bond Offering
- Bulker Spills Oil after Alliding with Pier in Astoria
- P&Q FERRIES POSTS BEST QUARTER CARGO VOLUMES
- MOL, GAS SAYAGO FORGE TIES ON WORLD'S LARGEST FRSU
- 'US EAST COAST PORTS ATTRACHING MORE CARGO'
- SUPERTANKER RATES TOP USD 10.000 A DAY
- REINAISSENCE SELLS TOPAZ ENGIEERING FOR USD 18.5M
- EIMSKIP CHARTERS ANOTHER VESSEL
- ROLLS-ROYCE SLASHES 400 MORE JOBS IN MARINE DIVISION
- INCAT TASMANIA WINS SUPER FERRY ORDER
- PORT OF ROTTERDAM'S OLDEST CONTAINER TERMINAL CLOSES
- DEBRIS FOUND IN SEARCH AREA FOR EL FARO
- 'First unmanned ferry is coming
- India Opens Coastal Shipping
- Port of Auckland’s Profit Down
- Titanic II or Titanic III
- Self-elevating construction and accommodation units
- Ameropa builds terminal in Constanta port
- India to focus on Coastal Shipping
- Russia launches arctic drill
- Rubbish crisis shuts down port of Beirut
- DSME terminates drillship contract
- Port Metro Vancouver in Growth Mode
- COSCOL scores rig transport deal with Shell Offshore
- Konecranes rings fraud alarm
- Aco Marine, Dragon Oil inks deal
- Xiamen investing in its port
- First US offshore wind workboat
- Tallink improves quarterly profit by 368 pct
- Scandlines sends hybrid duo on a diet
- Ship of the future: container feeder
- Vard secured shipbuilding contracts
Hess takes over Perisai drilling rig in Malaysia after signing farm-out agreementHess Exploration and Production Malaysia has signed a $26.9m deal to take over the charter of a jack-up drilling rig owned by Perisai Offshore for a nine-month deployment in Malaysia.
TMS Cardiff Gas orders first LPG carriersTMS Cardiff Gas has entered the LPG market by ordering two 78,700-cbm LPG carriers from Hyundai Heavy Industries for $76m each, with options for two more.
Pirates Board Chemical Tanker off MalaysiaA chemical tanker was boarded by pirates on Thursday, October 1st while en route some 1.5 nautical miles north-northeast off Sandakan, Malaysia, the International Maritime Bureau’s ICC informed.
Panama Canal Authority Completes USD 450M Bond OfferingThe Panama Canal Authority (ACP) has raised USD 450 million from its first ever international bond offering to finance the completion of a third bridge over the Panama Canal.
Bulker Spills Oil after Alliding with Pier in AstoriaThe United States Coast Guard and other local agency personnel are responding to a diesel fuel spill from the 2012-built, Panamanian-flagged bulk carrier Global Gold at Pier 1 in the Port of Astoria, Oregon.
Steel Cut for Largest Jones Act BoxshipsU.S. commercial shipbuilder Aker Philadelphia Shipyard has started constructing two 3,600 TEU “Aloha Class” container ships ordered by Matson Navigation Company, a subsidiary of Matson Inc.
US Coast Guard Searching for Freighter Sinking off HaitiThe United States Coast Guard (USCG) is responding to a report received on the night of October 1 of the 212-foot general cargo ship Minouche with 12 crew members aboard sinking 51 nautical miles northwest of Haiti.
APM Terminals Lázaro Cárdenas Gets Lifting Capcity BoostDutch port operator APM Terminals has taken delivery of the first three of the world’s largest Ship-to-Shore (STS) container cranes and two rail mounted cranes for the Lázaro Cárdenas Terminal Especializada de Contenedores II (TEC2) now in the final stage
Maersk Line Starts 1st Direct Thailand-Australia ServiceDanish carrier Maersk Line said it will add a call at the port of Laem Chabang in Thailand on its Boomerang service starting from October 2015, offering Thai exporters and importers the first and only direct service between Thailand and Australia.
Russia keen to drive gas sales in emerging South East Asian marketsGazprom’s Deputy Chairman, Alexander Medvedev, and Chief Executive of Gazprom Export, Elena Burmistrova, will seek to promote the competitive value of Russian gas to the key emerging energy markets of South East Asia, when they speak at Gastech Conference
- Internet Access aboard Ships Key to Attract Youth to SeafaringEasy access to the internet onboard ships is a key requirement if young people are to be attracted into the seafaring profession and shipping needs to be more visible in the public eye.
- IMO Signs Global Maritime Energy Efficiency Partnerships ProjectInternational Maritime Organization (IMO) the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) have signed an agreement to allocate US$2.0 million to a two-year global maritime energy efficiency partnership project.
- MOL Issues “Annual Report 2015″ and “Safety, Environmental and Social Report 2015Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. announced the publications of its Annual Report 2015 and Safety, Environmental and Social Report 2015.
- Nippon Foundation’s Sasakawa to be awardedThe Council of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) has decided to award the prestigious International Maritime Prize for 2014 to Yohei Sasakawa, Chairman of the Nippon Foundation.
- Lim Ki-tack Elected Next IMO Secretary-GeneralSouth Korea’s Lim Ki-tack has today been elected to be the next Secretary-General of the International Maritime Organization at the IMO Headquarters in London.
- Election day at the International Maritime OrganizationIt is election day at the International Maritime Organization.
- Internet Access aboard Ships Key to Attract Youth to Seafaring
- IMO Signs Global Maritime Energy Efficiency Partnerships Project
- MOL Issues “Annual Report 2015″ and “Safety, Environmental and Social Report 2015
- Nippon Foundation’s Sasakawa to be awarded
- Lim Ki-tack Elected Next IMO Secretary-General
- Election day at the International Maritime Organization
Nigeria’s Oil Exports Under Threat From Theft CrackdownNigeria’s latest effort to combat theft could imperil its oil income lifeline, compounding the damage the crude price fall has done to its finances, access to dollars and imports.
Hurricane Joaquin But Threat to U.S. East Coast ReducedPowerful Hurricane Joaquin, which battered the Bahamas with torrential rain, powerful winds and storm surges on Thursday, is now seen as less likely to pose a major threat to the U.S. East Coast, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.
Tokyo Marine, Jo Tankers Terminate Joint PoolThe pool managers of the Milestone Chemical Tankers Pte. Ltd. (MCT), Tokyo Marine Asia Pte Ltd and Jo Tankers AS, have decided to cease joint-business and joint-operations in the pool as of the 1st of October, 2015.
EU Anti-Human-Smuggling Operation in the Mediterranean Enters Active StageThe European Union has approved the start of the second phase of its anti-human-smuggling operation in the Mediterranean Sea which will, as of October 7, allow EU naval forces to board, search.
China could import 100 Bcm/year Russian gas by 2020: CNPCChina could import 100 Bcm of Russian gas, including natural gas and LNG, in 2020, or about one third of the country’s total consumption.
Clean Shipping Coalition: Time for Paris to Act on Shipping EmissionsLeft to its own devices the International Maritime Organization (IMO) would be unable to show the sort of leadership that the industry needs if it is to prepare for the future and play a proper role in tackling climate change.
Tankers Lift Stolt-NielsenOslo-listed Stolt-Nielsen Limited reported USD 30.1 million net profit attributable to shareholders for the third quarter ended August 31, compared with a net profit of USD 14.6 million reported in the third quarter of 2014.
Bill introduced to House that would ban oil and gas drilling in the ArcticA Democratic member of the US House of Representatives has introduced a bill to put a complete stop on leasing of oil and gas exploration sites in US Arctic territory.
Crowley Takes Delivery of Its First LNG-Ready TankerCrowley Maritime Corp. took delivery of Ohio, the first of four new, Jones Act, product tankers on September 30 from Aker Philadelphia Shipyard, Inc. (APSI), the wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Aker Philadelphia Shipyard ASA.
One More VLGC for DorianNYSE-listed liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) shipping company Dorian LPG has taken delivery of the 84,000 cbm ECO very large gas carrier (VLGC) Constellation from South Korean shipbuilder Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI).
Teekay Looks to CEXIM to Finance VesselsNew York-listed Teekay Corporation has entered into a Framework Cooperation Agreement with The Export-Import Bank of China (CEXIM) for up to USD 1 billion in new loan facilities.
GUPC: Weak Steel Reinforcement Caused Panama Canal LeakThe seepage found in the concrete sill between the lower and middle chamber of the Panama Canal’s expanded Pacific Locks was the result of insufficient steel reinforcement in the area which was subjected to stress from extreme condition testing.
- 12:10 - P&O Ferries Posts Best Third Quarter Cargo Volumes Ever
- 11:43 - MOL, Gas Sayago Forge Ties on World’s Largest FSRU
- 11:40 - Drewry: US East Coast Ports Attracting More Cargo from Asia
- 11:07 - Supertanker Rates Top USD 100,000 a Day
- 11:02 - Renaissance sells Topaz Engineering for $18.5m
- 11:00 - Eimskip charters in another vessel
- 10:55 - Rolls-Royce Slashes 400 More Jobs in Marine Division
- 10:18 - Incat Tasmania Wins Super Ferry Order from Mols-Linien
- 10:14 - Port of Rotterdam’s Oldest Container Terminal Closes Its Gates
- 10:10 - Debris Found in Search Area for El Faro, Ship and 33 Crew Still Missing
- 10:34 - Hess takes over Perisai drilling rig in Malaysia after signing farm-out agreement
- 10:29 - TMS Cardiff Gas orders first LPG carriers
- 10:24 - Pirates Board Chemical Tanker off Malaysia
- 10:21 - Panama Canal Authority Completes USD 450M Bond Offering
- 10:19 - Bulker Spills Oil after Alliding with Pier in Astoria