HMAS SUCCESS, commanded by Captain Justin Jones, RAN, departed Sydney November 23rd for a six month deployment to the Middle East region to provide logistic support for coalition forces as part of the Australian Defence Force contribution to maritime security in the region. 090710-N-5538K-013 During its support to Operation OCEAN SHIELD, SUCCESS and its crew of 235 will contribute to partnership with counter-piracy forces in the region through replenishment at sea (RAS) and combined training, while patrolling in the area of operations. In addition to its RAS capabilities, the ship features an embarked helicopter and boarding team that will contribute to counter piracy deterrence. “We are delighted to partner with our Royal Australian Navy colleagues in NATO’s counter-piracy mission,” said Vice Admiral Peter Hudson CB CBE, Commander of NATO Allied Maritime Command and Operation OCEAN SHIELD. “Australia has a proud tradition of support to NATO operations, and we welcome the opportunity to strengthen ties between our maritime forces.”
- Greek Shipowners Kill EU’s Russian Oil Tanker Ban
- Another hurdle out of the way as Noble shareholders greenlight Maersk merger
- Fire on board of Turkish ship, Azov sea, Russia 1 crew died UPDATE
- Unsecured Openings Led to Flooding and Sinking of Towing Vessel, NTSB Determines
- Crew fatality on board NCC SAFA at Amsterdam anchorage
- Saudi Aramco petroleum storage site hit by Houthi attack, fire erupts
- UAE ro-ro ship capsized, sinking in Persian Gulf, SAR under way
- Keel laid for HaiSea’s zero-emission electric harbour tug
- Bangladeshi bulk carrier hit by Russian Navy missile: 1 crew died
- Two Ukrainian commercial ships seized by Russians, Ukraine says
- World’s Largest Shipping Lines Suspend Shipping to Russia
- Felicity Ace Sinks in Atlantic Ocean
- Turkish bulk carrier hit by Russian air strike off Odessa
- Mediterranean moves a step closer to becoming an ECA
- NES battery, control systems for Scandlines’ zero-emission ferry
Australian Ship Joins NATO Counter-Piracy Mission
The Royal Australian Navy Oiler HMAS SUCCESS (OR 304) joined NATO’s counter-piracy Operation OCEAN SHIELD today, joining New Zealand (2014) and Ukraine (2013) as partner contributors to the operation in the Gulf of Aden and Indian Ocean.
This news is a total 5186 time has been read
Saudi Aramco petroleum storage site hit by Houthi attack, fire eruptsThe Saudi-led coalition says the barrage of drone and missile attacks by the Yemeni rebel group did not cause any casualties.
Bangladeshi bulk carrier hit by Russian Navy missile: 1 crew diedUnconfirmed reports this morning from Bangladesh are that one of its sailors was killed in the latest Russian missile attack on a commercial ship.
Two Ukrainian commercial ships seized by Russians, Ukraine saysTwo more Ukrainian commercial vessels with crews onboard have been seized by the Russian Navy in the northwestern part of the Black Sea amid Russia’s military attack on Ukraine.
World’s Largest Shipping Lines Suspend Shipping to RussiaThe world’s three biggest container lines on Tuesday temporarily suspended cargo shipments to and from Russia in response to Western sanctions on Moscow following its invasion of Ukraine, in a further blow to trade with the country.
Mediterranean moves a step closer to becoming an ECACountries within the European Union along with Mediterranean littoral states have come together to lodge an official proposal with the International Maritime Organization (IMO) to make the Mediterranean an emission control area (ECA) for sulphur oxides.
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy