- Netanyahu Blames Tehran For Explosion Aboard Israeli RoRo Helios Ray
- Container line schedule reliability at record low for 6th month running
- China seeks to accelerate green economy including shipping and ports
- Israel Clears Greek Tanker of Suspicion in Oil Spill Investigation
- CMA CGM to Deploy Six LNG-Powered Containerships on Transpacific
- Oil Benchmark Revamp Sees Surge in Trading of Opaque Swaps
- Wakashio Captain Confirms He Navigated Close to Shore to Pick Up Cell Signal, But Blames Chief Officer for Grounding
- Australia Launches Livestock Carrier Inspection Campaign
- Ship Owners Lock In Charter Rates at 13-Year Highs
- Germany and Belgium Seize a Record 23 Tonnes of Cocaine Found in Shipping Containers
- Samsung Heavy Industries Settles Petrobras Bribery Case for $150M
- Indonesian Navy Catches Five Pirates in the Act of Raiding a Barge
- Companies Bail on Russia’s Nord Stream 2 Pipeline
- Rauma shipyard shuts down production after over 230 coronavirus infections
- Grimaldi inks $500 million RoRo order with Hyundai Mipo
Balancing Capacity Key to Maintaining Container Freight Rates
While the container shipping industry is particularly vulnerable to changes in consumer spending, the major carriers were successful in managing their business to produce strong results in the first half of 2020.
This news is a total 1905 time has been read
Container line schedule reliability at record low for 6th month runningContainer line schedule reliability fell to its lowest level for the sixth consecutive month according to Sea-Intelligence.
The oceans are becoming a large container terminalWe continually read, see and hear news of hundreds of containers fallen into the sea from large containerships with their huge decks full of crumpled teu and feu.
Songa Container fetches bumper price for post-panamax boxshipThe vessel was sold for $42.3m, far in excess of the $32.7m valuation according to both VesselsValue and MSI. The buyer was not named. Songa had originally picked the ship up for just $23m.
MSC accelerates secondhand boxship buying spreeSwiss-headquartered containerline Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) continues to snap up boxships in the secondhand market according to Alphaliner, acquiring eight vessels in the past three weeks as container shipping rates continue to surge.
ZIM makes disappointing NYSE debutIsraeli carrier ZIM’s IPO fell 23.2% on the first day of trading at the New York Stock Exchange with shares closing at $11.52, having started out at $15.
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy