BDI is a number issued daily by the London-based Baltic Exchange. Not restricted to Baltic Sea countries, the index provides "an assessment of the price of moving the major raw materials by sea. Taking in 23 shipping routes measured on a time-charter basis, the index covers Handysize, Supramax, Panamax, and Capesize dry bulk cargo ships, carrying a range of commodities including coal, iron ore and grain. Because dry bulk primarily consists of materials that function as raw material inputs to the production of intermediate or finished goods, the index is also seen as an efficient economic indicator of future economic growth and production. On 20 May 2008, the index hit its record high since its introduction in 1985, reaching 11,793 points. On 3 February 2012, the index plunged to its record low of 647 points, since 1986.
- ICTSI a Step Closer to Starting Iloilo Port Development
- Japan Launched Largest Amphibious Drill Since WWII
- Shell Marine Wins Marine Lubricants Deal for 5 COSCO Pulp Carriers
- EU Commission Opens Probe into Italian Ports’ Tax Exemptions
- Teekay Receives Fifth Arc7 Icebreaking LNG Carrier
- Senegal Orders 3 Offshore Patrol Vessels From French Shipyard Piriou
- HMM Becomes Member of Getting to Zero Coalition
- China to make Piraeus the king of Europe
- Italy’s Saipem to Consider Combining With Rival Subsea 7
- Epic Gas Wraps Up Acquisition of 11,000 cbm Gas Carrier
- Report: Maersk’s Former Head of Operations Appointed CEO of MSC
- Pirates Attack Micoperi OSV in Gulf of Mexico, Injuring Two
- Netherlands sold 2 Tripartite class mine hunter to Bulgaria
- Leonardo ULISSES submarine-hunting acoustic system succesfully passes sea trials
- Bulgaria extends bids deadline for its two new patrol vessel
Baltic Dry Index edges down 0,17% to 600 points
On April 22 2015, the Baltic Dry Index (BDI) lost 0.17% on the previous reporting date or 1 point to settle at 600 points.
This news is a total 2987 time has been read
Tags: baltic dry index
Shell Marine Wins Marine Lubricants Deal for 5 COSCO Pulp CarriersShell Marine has secured a contract to supply lubricants for five 62,000 dwt multipurpose pulp carriers that will be delivered to COSCO Shipping Specialized Carriers in 2019 and 2020.
Teekay Receives Fifth Arc7 Icebreaking LNG CarrierLiquefied natural gas carrier owner and operator Teekay LNG Partners, together with its joint venture partner China LNG Shipping, has taken delivery of its newest Arc7 icebreaking LNG carrier.
HMM Becomes Member of Getting to Zero CoalitionSouth Korean shipping company Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has joined the Getting to Zero Coalition, a new alliance that aims to accelerate international shipping’s decarbonization.
Report: Maersk’s Former Head of Operations Appointed CEO of MSCMærsk’s former Chief Operating Officer whose abrupt resignation was announced earlier this week, is heading to Maersk rival and 2M alliance partner MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company where he will serve as its new CEO, according to media reports.
Bulgaria extends bids deadline for its two new patrol vesselAccording to Sofia Globe, the deadline for bidders who have applied to supply Bulgaria with two new naval patrol vessels to update their offers has been extended by two weeks, to December 6, Defence Minister Krassimir Karakachanov said.
- Expedition Cruise Operators Agree on Voluntary Arctic HFO Ban
- Turkish Owner Orders Tanker Duo in South Korea
- Carnival Boosts Its Ethics and Compliance Team
- COSCO Shipping Specialized Carriers Names Its Latest Pulp Carrier
- Finland to Build Another Hybrid Electric Ferry
- SC Ports continues to see strong volumes
- Boya Gongdao Robot Technology unveils its Shark-Inspired Chinese Robot Submarine
- Pacific Fleet submarine launches torpedo attack at adversary warships at drills
- Euronav Picks Malaysia Port for Low Sulphur Fuel Hub
- Nordic Ports Join Forces to Focus on Sustainable Future
- Russia’s Pacific Fleet Udaloy-Class Destroyer
- Drewry: Box Spot Rates Rise amid More Idle Ships, Bunker Surcharges
- Four Japanese Companies Partner Up on FPSO Charter Project
- HII Laid Keel Of 1st Flight III Arleigh Burke-Class Destroyer
- HHI Launched Third Daegu-Class FFX Batch II Frigate For ROK Navy
- ITF Calls for Urgent Action to Fight Piracy in Gulf of Guinea
- Klaveness Scaling Down Supramax Activity to Focus on Panamax
- Maersk’s Søren Toft Leaves, Company Looking for New COO
- Maersk announces new PSS in Port Sudan
- MPC Capital Takes Stake in Tanker Specialist Albis
- Myanmar Navy’s New LPD ‘Moattama’ In Vladivostok
- Russian Tanker Damaged by Deadly Gas Explosion Released
- Fishing season begins in the Caspian Sea
- Police's naval drill in Persian Gulf