BELSHIPS' STRONG Q1
NORWEGIAN shipowner Belships made a Q1 operating profit of US$8,621,000 up from US$592,000 in Q1 2006. Operating income was US$18.9m, up from US$10.7m in Q1 2006.
Belships says: "The positive increase in operating income and profit performance is mainly related to realised gain of USD 6.5 million upon terminating the charter party of M/S Belpareil plus a positive development for Elkem Chartering's Handysize Operation".
The company adds: "The dry cargo market rates continued to rise throughout the 1st quarter. An important driving force was an increased congestion in the ore ports in Australia and China. As the price of ore will rise after 1 April, it is also possible that the stocks were built up. Elkem Chartering's (EC) profit for the quarter includes a gain of USD 13 million (Belships share 50%) in connection with the termination of the company's financial interest in the Handymax ship M/S Belpareil. The Handysize Operation also made a good profit. The two remaining Handymax ships continued their charter parties with results as anticipated. Belship's own dry cargo tonnage, M/S Belnor and M/S Belisland, continued their respective charter parties with results as anticipated. The product tanker M/T Belaia was delivered during the quarter and commenced its five-year charter party to Danish charterers. The ship has functioned in an excellent manner as expected." The next few quarters seem positive for EC, both with regard to activities and results. The company's organisation in Singapore is now fully operational and we expect that a good deal of our activities will originate from there."
- Liverpool Dockworkers Plan Two More Weeks of Strikes
- Russia Prepared to Quit Black Sea Grain Deal
- Equinor Awards Platform Supply Vessel Contracts Worth $234 Million
- U.S. Coast Guard Guidance for Jones Act OSVs to Participate in Disaster Recovery Applauded By Industry
- FMC Proposing New Demurrage and Detention Billing Requirements
- World’s Largest Shipping Line MSC Announces New Air Cargo Service
- US To Speed Up Nuclear Submarine Deal With Australia
- Europe Investigates ‘Attacks’ on Russian Gas Pipelines to Europe
- Maersk Throws Its Support Behind the ‘Clean Shipping Act’ Introduced in U.S. Congress
- Nigeria Pins Hopes On Deep Sea Port To End Cargo Congestion
- N.Korea Fires Ballistic Missile Ahead Of U.S. VP Harris Visit
- Seven More Crop Laden Ships Leave Ukrainian Ports
- Greek Shipowners Kill EU’s Russian Oil Tanker Ban
- Another hurdle out of the way as Noble shareholders greenlight Maersk merger
- Fire on board of Turkish ship, Azov sea, Russia 1 crew died UPDATE
Belships' strong Q1
BELSHIPS' STRONG Q1
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy