- World’s 1st zero-emission container vessel, Yara Birkeland, delivered
- Russia’s newest corvette conducts the first launch of cruise missile off Pacific coast
- Fincantieri Reveals Plans for Major New Shipyard in Yucatan, Mexico
- Korean Trade Commission Fines GTT Over LNG Licensing and Sales Tactics
- Map details rising incidents of crew abandonment
- Jeff Bezos urged by shipping bodies to support stranded seafarers
- UAE announces discovery of new oil reserves
- Endesa to Convert Algeciras Coal Terminal into LNG Bunkering Pier
- MOL Tests First Technology to Capture Microplastics in Ballast Water
- Liners turn to multipurpose tonnage to plug gaps in charter market
- US$120Bn Abu Dhabi energy budget approved
- Russia accuses US Navy destroyer of violating territorial waters in Sea of Japan
- Uniper Energy and Neutral Fuels team up to provide biofuels at Fujairah
- Fincantieri to build new ship repair yard in Mexico
- Damen Completes Conversion of PSV into Fish Feed Carrier
Box ships dominate Panama Canal's record tonnage
The Panama Canal has closed the 2019 fiscal year (FY2019) with record tonnage – and the container ship sector continues to dominate
This news is a total 351 time has been read
Map details rising incidents of crew abandonmentCases of desperate shipowners abandoning their vessels and crews last spiked in 2017, but the number of incidents is now heading back up.
Jeff Bezos urged by shipping bodies to support stranded seafarersAs one of the world’s most prominent entrepreneurs, you have unparalleled influence, which we hope you will use to join us in pushing public recognition of seafarers as key workers
MOL Tests First Technology to Capture Microplastics in Ballast WaterIn a first of its kind demonstration project, Japan’s Mitsui O.S.K. Lines in collaboration with the Miura Company have developed and tested a water filtration device to capture the plastics.
Uniper Energy and Neutral Fuels team up to provide biofuels at FujairahGerman energy firm Uniper Energy, through its marine fuel unit Uniper Energy DMCC (UED), has formed a partnership with UAE-based Neutral Fuels to provide maritime biofuel in Fujairah, UAE.
Fincantieri to build new ship repair yard in MexicoItalian shipbuilder Fincantieri has signed a letter of intent with the Ministry of Economic Development and Labour of the Yucatán State (Mexico) for the design and construction of a new ship repair, conversion and maintenance yard.
German military prevented from searching Turkish vessel headed for LibyaOn Monday, the German military said Turkey prevented its forces from searching a ship in the Mediterranean bound for the Libyan port city of Misrata suspected of delivering arms. Turkey claims the ship was transporting “humanitarian aid”.
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy