According to media, there was water ingress, too, but no details were given, so probably it’s a misunderstanding or exaggeration. Media also mentioned looming evacuation, saying that the “were heading to lifeboats after the ship took on water”, but Canadian Coast Guard denied evacuation and said situation was under control.CENTENNIAL HARMONY was NUC for several hours, and according to AIS, resumed sailing at around 0100 UTC Nov 6, albeit at somewhat reduced speed. There are no CG or SAR or other ships near CENTENNIAL HARMONY, meaning there’s no need in assistance or standby.
- MOL, Tohoku EPCO to Advance Study on Wind Challenger Installation
- AIDAcosma Will Be AIDA Cruises’ 2nd LNG-Powered Ship
- Norway Fines Wirana for 2017 Tide Carrier Incident
- South Asian Shipbreaking Yards Claim 19 Lives So Far in 2019
- CMA CGM announces fresh FAK rates from Asia
- Port of Corpus Christi sets tonnage records
- Poland’s Polferries Buys RoPax Ferry Nova Star
- ITF Urges Authorities to Continue Search for Bourbon Rhode Crew
- Russia slates drills for nuclear forces
- Liberian Registry Boosts Presence in Asia with New Imabari Office
- Spliethoff Orders Two Newbuilds in China
- Rotterdam container placed on ‘Noah’s Train’
- Tanker Rate Surge Drives Record ClarkSea Index Spike
- First British F-35B Land Onboard HMS Queen Elizabeth
- Wärtsilä, Norsepower Team Up on Wind Propulsion Services for Shipping
Capesize Bulk Carrier Resumed Sailing in Atlantic,
Capesize bulk carrier CENTENNIAL HARMONY reported power problems at around 1700 UTC Nov 15, some 270 nm SES from St. John's, Newfoundland, while en route from Sept-Îles, eastern Quebec, Canada, to Port Talbot UK.
This news is a total 3550 time has been read
Iranian Tanker Damaged After Explosion off JeddahAn Iranian crude oil tanker has suffered explosions and caught fire in a suspected missile attack off the Saudi Arabian coast.
Chief Officer killed by snapped line, SpainOne seafarer was injured and another one died during a mooring operation, as the Saint Vincent and Grenadines-flagged General Cargo Ship, YALIKOY attempted to berth at a Spanish port.
CSL ship RT. Hon.Paul.J. Martin grounded in St.Lawrence RiverSeaway traffic is being allowed past a ship that ran aground Sunday evening in the St. Lawrence River between Ogdensburg and Waddington.
One Killed, Three Injured in Accident on Italian Ro/Ro FerryOn Monday morning, one seafarer was killed and three others were injured aboard the ro/ro Euroferry Malta in an accident related to rough weather.
TWO VESSELS SINK IN THE TAIWAN STRAIT - 13 SEAFARERS RESCUED, 12 MISSINGShip capsizes in Taiwan Strait, rescue vessels dispatched from Taiwan and ChinaTwo ships sent out distress signals Sunday morning, one capsized with 12 crew members missing at sea
- Ballast water compliance: what you need to know
- Hyundai Heavy Obtains Second USCG BWMS Type Approval
- First private container terminal NSICT wants to change course
- World’s first hydrogen-powered seagoing vessel docks in London
- Astro Ocean Cruise’s First Ship Named in China
- Vopak Can Now Sell Algeciras Terminal
- Hapag-Lloyd announces VMS on FP1 Service
- CMA CGM complies with IMO 2020 (video)
- COSCO Tankers Go Dark Amid U.S. Sanctions
- NRF: Imports at Major US Ports to Surge Ahead of December Tariffs
- MISC Orders LNG Carrier Duo, Inks Charter Deals with Exxon
- Teekay Shuttle Tankers Issues USD 125 Mn Green Bonds Due 2024
- DryShips Shareholders Vote for SPII Holdings Merger
- Panama Canal Handles Record Tonnage in 2019 Fiscal Year
- Fourth New 5,400-Lane-Meter RoRo Ship Joins CLdN Fleet
- Chief Officer Muharrem Cimen killed by snapped line, Spain
- KOTUG, Horizon Maritime Create Joint Venture in Canada
- First Phase of Ecuador’s Posorja Deep Water Port Completed
- Maersk Tankers, Cargill and Mitsui Team Up to Cut GHG Emissions in Shipping
- Kongsberg, MAN ES to Collaborate on Common Data