According to media, there was water ingress, too, but no details were given, so probably it’s a misunderstanding or exaggeration. Media also mentioned looming evacuation, saying that the “were heading to lifeboats after the ship took on water”, but Canadian Coast Guard denied evacuation and said situation was under control.CENTENNIAL HARMONY was NUC for several hours, and according to AIS, resumed sailing at around 0100 UTC Nov 6, albeit at somewhat reduced speed. There are no CG or SAR or other ships near CENTENNIAL HARMONY, meaning there’s no need in assistance or standby.
- MOL, DSME Join Forces on Cutting FSRUs’ Environmental Impact
- Hunter Nets USD 220 Mln Loan to Finance VLCC Newbuilds
- Clarkson Acquires Spanish Shiproker Martankers
- Shipping Industry Faces $370 Million Hit from Panama Canal ‘Freshwater’ Charge
- Ten Seafarers Kidnapped from Tanker off Cotonou
- Vessel attacked in Gulf of Guinea, confirmed tanker hijacked, communications lost
- BC Ferries Christens New Hybrid-Electric Ship Duo
- GoodBulk Offloads Capesize Duo, Points to Pick Up in Demolitions
- Falkland Islands to Build New Port in Stanley Habour
- Horrific mortal accident – seaman’s hands were torn off by rope ladder
- MISC Reports Revenue Rise due to More LNG Carriers in Operation
- Excelerate Launches In-House Ship Management Services
- Chinese heavy lift ship carrying cranes contacted Curacao Bridge VIDEO
- Marine Contractors Board Ghost Ship Grounded in Cork
- US shipyards construct naval and harbour tug newbuildings
Capesize Bulk Carrier Resumed Sailing in Atlantic,
Capesize bulk carrier CENTENNIAL HARMONY reported power problems at around 1700 UTC Nov 15, some 270 nm SES from St. John's, Newfoundland, while en route from Sept-Îles, eastern Quebec, Canada, to Port Talbot UK.
This news is a total 3670 time has been read
Vessel attacked in Gulf of Guinea, confirmed tanker hijacked, communications lostAccording to Dryad Global report, officer on watch identified two armed men on board, and no further details regarding the nature of weapons or actions have since been received.
Horrific mortal accident – seaman’s hands were torn off by rope ladderA horrific accident occurred on Kaohsiung Anchorage on Feb 15. A crew of Myanmar nationality was leaving tanker HONG CHING, to return to Myanmar for a leave.
Chinese heavy lift ship carrying cranes contacted Curacao Bridge VIDEOHeavy cargo carrier WISH WAY with two container gantry cranes on board arrived at Willemstad, Curacao, Caribbean, from China, in the morning Feb 16.
YM Efficiency Investigation: Effective Container Stowage Planning Crucial to Prevent AccidentsThe loss of 81 containers overboard from the Liberia-flagged containership YM Efficiency highlights the importance of safe and effective container stowage planning, an investigation by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) has found.
Search Underway for Bulk Carrier’s Missing Master off ChuukA search has been launched for a 47-year-old seafarer missing from the Panamanian-flagged bulk carrier Rising Wind, 174 miles northwest of Chuuk, the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM).
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy
- Myanmar Navy’s New LPD ‘Moattama’ In Vladivostok