One barrel (159 liters) of OPEC crude stood at $97.68 Thursday, compared with $98.88 on the previous day. OPEC calculates an average basket price based on 13 important brands produced by cartel members.
- Japanese majors form consortium to develop, commercialize zero-emission electric ships
- Nippon Paint Marine’s new coating gaining on popularity among dry bulk owners
- Product Tanker Boarded and Robbed off Port-au-Prince
- Da Hoop Conducts Remote Sea Trials for Silversea Newbuild
- Hapag-Lloyd Containership Quarantined in South Africa After Crew Members Test Positive for Virus
- Continuing Tensions Over Iran's Fuel Shipment to Venezuela
- Branson's Virgin Voyages Postpones Launch
- Bahri Puts LNG Tanker Plan on Hold, Sources Say
- Port of Virginia’s CEO John Reinhart Announces Retirement Date
- US East Coast Ports Celebrate Arrival of Large Container Ship
- U.S. Celebrates National Maritime Day
- Oil Rally Continues as Output Cuts Hit Supply Glut
- MAIB Warns Older Crew of Heightened Slip and Fall Risk
- NOAA Predicts Above-Normal 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season
- Norwegian and Royal Caribbean Extend Cancellations
Easing oil prices
The price for crude oil produced by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) lost another $1.20 Thursday, OPEC said Friday.
This news is a total 3219 time has been read
Gazprom working on Ust-Luga LNG finacingRussian gas giant Gazprom is working to attract investors to fund its large liquefied natural gas export project in the Baltic port of Ust-Luga.
Small Irish Terminal Draws U.S. Oil With Global Storage FillingA cluster of ships with American oil has been heading to a small terminal in southern Ireland as buyers search for places to store crude in the wake of a global demand slowdown.
Vantage Drilling cuts lossesOffshore drilling company Vantage Drilling International saw its net loss shrink in the first quarter of 2020 on the back of higher revenues.
Qatar Petroleum farms into Total’s blocks in MexicoState-owned Qatar Petroleum has entered into three farm-in agreements to acquire about 30 per cent of Total’s participating interest in three blocks located offshore Mexico.
Aker BP swings to loss over impairment chargesNorwegian oil and gas company Aker BP sank to a net loss in the first quarter of the year after being hit by impairments due to a significant decline in oil and gas prices. However, the company saw a record production during the period.
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy