EUROFIN EXPANDS INTO ASIA
SPECIALIST ship finance adviser Eurofin has expanded into Asia by establishing Seafin, a Singapore-based joint venture with Japanese shipbrokers Seven Oceans.
Eurofin says that Seafin will provide shipowners, charterers, investors, banks and finance houses with the full range of services delivered by its shareholders, including unbiased and innovative financial advice, deal structuring, transaction and financial support, and financial market intelligence. The new company will be managed by Masashi Hiruta whose background combines financial as well as shipping experience.
Anthony Zolotas, managing director of Eurofin says, "Asia offers huge possibilities for skilled financiers. Our partners, Seven Oceans, have good connections with owners, ship builders, charterers and financial institutions across Asia, and we have the financial skills and experience of building successful transactions with banks, institutions, and operators. Together we have a perfect skills match which means the joint venture, Seafin, can be stronger than either of us alone. We used this business model when we expanded into Turkey, creating Medfin, and that has been a real success, so we expect the same here."
Mr Zolotas continues, "Although we expect to do substantial business with pure Asian deals, this Singapore-based company will also provide our existing clients, both owners and banks in Europe, with a bridge into Asian shipping, and will provide Asian banks and owners with a bridge into Europe. We are already working on our first deal, a sale and leaseback transaction involving Japanese investors and Far East ship operators, and we are confident of more in the near future. We chose Singapore as our base because of its welcoming business climate, sensible tax regime, good communications and accessibility. We are already discussing with some clients on potential listings in Singapore, and we think having a successful company there already will help that."
- North America’s 1st LNG-Fueled Cruise Ship Floated Out in Finland
- Long Beach suffers in Trump’s China trade war
- How Environmentally Friendly Are LNG Tankers?
- TORM Invests in Scrubber-Fitted LR2 Newbuilding Pair
- China’s Crude Oil Thirst Drives Brazilian Exports to All-Time High
- Denmark: New Initiative Launched to Get More Women on Board
- BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse Join Poseidon Principles
- Royal Australian Navy establishes new warfighting agency
- Russian Navy’s Gremyaschiy corvette completes sea trials
- NYK: Coal Carrier Newbuild Starts Working for Joban Joint Power
- Report: Haifa Port Privatization Cleared
- Pirates Fire Upon Boxship off Nigeria
- Port of Karachi Bans Discharge of Scrubber Wash Water
- Large Vessel Demand Rises as Boxships Queuing for Scrubber Retrofits
- Schulte, DEVK Create New Maritime Asset Investment Platform
Eurofin expands into Asia
EUROFIN EXPANDS INTO ASIA
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy
- Myanmar Navy’s New LPD ‘Moattama’ In Vladivostok