EUROFIN EXPANDS INTO ASIA
SPECIALIST ship finance adviser Eurofin has expanded into Asia by establishing Seafin, a Singapore-based joint venture with Japanese shipbrokers Seven Oceans.
Eurofin says that Seafin will provide shipowners, charterers, investors, banks and finance houses with the full range of services delivered by its shareholders, including unbiased and innovative financial advice, deal structuring, transaction and financial support, and financial market intelligence. The new company will be managed by Masashi Hiruta whose background combines financial as well as shipping experience.
Anthony Zolotas, managing director of Eurofin says, "Asia offers huge possibilities for skilled financiers. Our partners, Seven Oceans, have good connections with owners, ship builders, charterers and financial institutions across Asia, and we have the financial skills and experience of building successful transactions with banks, institutions, and operators. Together we have a perfect skills match which means the joint venture, Seafin, can be stronger than either of us alone. We used this business model when we expanded into Turkey, creating Medfin, and that has been a real success, so we expect the same here."
Mr Zolotas continues, "Although we expect to do substantial business with pure Asian deals, this Singapore-based company will also provide our existing clients, both owners and banks in Europe, with a bridge into Asian shipping, and will provide Asian banks and owners with a bridge into Europe. We are already working on our first deal, a sale and leaseback transaction involving Japanese investors and Far East ship operators, and we are confident of more in the near future. We chose Singapore as our base because of its welcoming business climate, sensible tax regime, good communications and accessibility. We are already discussing with some clients on potential listings in Singapore, and we think having a successful company there already will help that."
- 4 SHIPS OFF UAE IN GULF OF OMAN WARN THEY’VE LOST CONTROL
- Accident report for another ship near the port of Fujairah in the UAE
- Months After Fire, NYK Delphinus Awaiting Start of Cargo Discharge Operations in Oakland
- German NGO Ship Rescues 100 Migrants In The Mediterranean Sea
- Iran Suspected in Deadly Tanker Attack off Oman
- NTSB Opens Public Docket in Golden Ray Investigation
- Hapag-Lloyd Raises Full-Year Earnings Outlook
- Cargo ship sinking in Arabian sea, 5 crew rescued, 13 missing
- UK Defense Ministry: Israel ship targeted in attack off Oman
- Costamare takes bulker fleet to 37 with acquisition of 21 vessels
- Large Blast Rocks Ship at Jebel Ali Port in Dubai
- Seaspan seals charter extensions with Cosco for 17 vessels
- Damning report emerges of the pilots onboard the Ever Given
- Russia Claims its Forces Used Live Fire to Chase Off UK Warship
- Ikea, Lenovo cargo worth $780 million stuck onboard MV Ever Given in the Suez Canal
Eurofin expands into Asia
EUROFIN EXPANDS INTO ASIA
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy