- Japanese majors form consortium to develop, commercialize zero-emission electric ships
- Nippon Paint Marine’s new coating gaining on popularity among dry bulk owners
- Product Tanker Boarded and Robbed off Port-au-Prince
- Da Hoop Conducts Remote Sea Trials for Silversea Newbuild
- Hapag-Lloyd Containership Quarantined in South Africa After Crew Members Test Positive for Virus
- Continuing Tensions Over Iran's Fuel Shipment to Venezuela
- Branson's Virgin Voyages Postpones Launch
- Bahri Puts LNG Tanker Plan on Hold, Sources Say
- Port of Virginia’s CEO John Reinhart Announces Retirement Date
- US East Coast Ports Celebrate Arrival of Large Container Ship
- U.S. Celebrates National Maritime Day
- Oil Rally Continues as Output Cuts Hit Supply Glut
- MAIB Warns Older Crew of Heightened Slip and Fall Risk
- NOAA Predicts Above-Normal 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season
- Norwegian and Royal Caribbean Extend Cancellations
First commissioning cargo sails from US LNG export facility
Add the Freeport LNG facility to the growing US LNG export capacity, following the shipment of the first LNG commissioning cargo from Train 1
This news is a total 485 time has been read
US East Coast Ports Celebrate Arrival of Large Container ShipThe arrival of the 14,000 TEU Hyundai Hope in the ports of Bayonne, New Jersey, and Wilmington, North Carolina marked important milestones in the expansion of container service along the US East Coast.
Container fleet to shrink with prices and rates on slow recovery from COVID-19The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic will lead to a contraction in the shipping container fleet and keep prices and lease rates under pressure in 2020, according to analyst Drewry.
Hapag-Lloyd secured 9 percent in energy savings by removing fouling on 33 shipsGerman container shipping company Hapag-Lloyd has obtained 9 percent in energy savings in the form of fuel by preventing fouling on the hulls of its ships.
Bunker prices slip, high-low sulphur spread narrows to $56Marine fuel prices have dropped significantly this week with the low sulphur grade nearing below $200 per metric tonne (pmt), narrowing its price differential with the high sulphur grade.
Idle Containership Fleet Appears Set to Hit All-Time RecordIdled containership capacity is expected to reach a record high of 3m teu within weeks, in the “worst capacity crisis the industry has ever seen”, according to new data from Alphaliner.
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy