ICE PRINCE SINKS
THE Greek-flag, 6,395 gt general cargo ship Ice Prince, that was abandoned by its crew yesterday, sank early this morning in very rough weather about 26 miles south south east of the Portland Bill, England.
The UK's Maritime and Coastguard Agency said the vessel had been monitored throughout the evening and night by the French Coastguard tug Abeille Liberte and Klyne Tugs Anglian Earl. Salvors are aboard both tugs. Portland Coastguard along with their French Coastguard colleagues in Cross Corsen are warning other approaching shipping of the hazards in the area, particularly in the south west bound lane of the Casquets traffic separation scheme.
Just before the Ice Prince sank, the crew of the Abeille Liberte reported that further timber deck cargo had been lost to the sea and that the angle of the list had increased but that visibility is very poor at present in very rough weather. The tug is remaining on scene to act as a guard ship to the wreck.
Meanwhile yesterday evening the car carrier City Of Sunderland, which had grounded on England's East Coast, was successfully refloated with the assistance of two tugs; the Svitzer Trimley from Harwich and the Grey Test from Felixstowe.
- U.S. dredging industry takes delivery of four new vessels
- Baleària reports progress on LNG fueled smart ferry duo
- OSD adds Azistern 2870 harbor tug to its portfolio
- BAE San Diego awarded $34.7 million Navy contract
- NASSCO Launches One Unsexy Ship
- Hapag-Lloyd Sees Shipping Demand Up, More Mergers in 2018
- Idle Containership Fleet Falls Below 100 as Demand for Tonnage Remains Tight
- U.S., Canada regulatory policy reform high on 'wish list'
- Pirates Release Tanker and Crew in Gulf of Guinea
- Global Ship Lease Eyes Acquisitions
- Methanol fuel cells power German excursion vessel
- Greece Seizes Ship for Allegedly Taking Explosives to Libya
- Collapsed Crane and Container Removal Will Take Months
- SeaRose FPSO Operations Suspended in Canada
- LME Certification for Port of Amsterdam
"ICE PRINCE" sinks....
ICE PRINCE SINKS
- India Contemplates Building LPG Carriers Locally
- Arctic Air Anchors Frozen Freighters, Lull for Great Lakes Shipping Industry
- BSEE Proposes Softening of Offshore Drilling Rules - WSJ
- McDermott Wins Tyra EPC Work near Denmark
- U.K. Assisting Listing Russian Ship
- U.S. Coast Guard Seeks Input in Navigation Aids
- Petrojarl I Sails for Brazil Following Upgrades
- CMA CGM completes acquisition of Mercosul Line from Maersk
- Arctic LNG Carriers Delivered: RS Class
- Container Stowage Plans Vulnerable to Hacking
- Kings Point Wins Full Reaccreditation
- Liberia strikes blow for global shipping with challenge to Brazilian court ruling
- ARA gasoline stocks edge higher; naphtha stocks plunge to nine-month low: PJK
- Higher oil prices bode well for S. Korean shipbuilders
- USCG warns Alaska fishing operators of icing dangers
- NASA Scientists Get Up-Close Look at Massive Iceberg ‘Roughly the Size of Delaware’
- DOF Subsea secures a series of new contracts
- TOTE Maritime adds to Puerto Rico services
- Crowley to acquire three SeaRiver tankers, charter them back
- Nautical Bulk Holdings vessel runs aground in Germany