ICE PRINCE SINKS
THE Greek-flag, 6,395 gt general cargo ship Ice Prince, that was abandoned by its crew yesterday, sank early this morning in very rough weather about 26 miles south south east of the Portland Bill, England.
The UK's Maritime and Coastguard Agency said the vessel had been monitored throughout the evening and night by the French Coastguard tug Abeille Liberte and Klyne Tugs Anglian Earl. Salvors are aboard both tugs. Portland Coastguard along with their French Coastguard colleagues in Cross Corsen are warning other approaching shipping of the hazards in the area, particularly in the south west bound lane of the Casquets traffic separation scheme.
Just before the Ice Prince sank, the crew of the Abeille Liberte reported that further timber deck cargo had been lost to the sea and that the angle of the list had increased but that visibility is very poor at present in very rough weather. The tug is remaining on scene to act as a guard ship to the wreck.
Meanwhile yesterday evening the car carrier City Of Sunderland, which had grounded on England's East Coast, was successfully refloated with the assistance of two tugs; the Svitzer Trimley from Harwich and the Grey Test from Felixstowe.
- Inpex, Chevron to cut Australian LNG jobs
- Australia Bans Fourth Ship for Underpaying Crew Wages
- International Lenders Back $9.5 Billion Financing for Russia's Arctic LNG 2
- Demand to Store a Glut of Diesel at Sea is Rising Fast
- Developing Simulations to Analyze Decarbonization Design Decisions
- Abu Dhabi Takes $615 Million Stake in U.S. LNG Exporter
- Sri Lanka Seeks Compensation and Will Charge New Diamond's Captain
- DP World Announces Agreements in Israel Under New Peace Deal
- Pentagon's Naval Shipbuilding Plan Endorses Unmanned Vessels
- Russian newbuild LNG carrier goes on charter to Shell
- Newest US Coast Guard Cutter Undergoes Sea Trials
- Families Plead for Search to Resume for Missing Livestock Carrier
- European Support to Retrain Spain's Unemployed From Shipbuilding Jobs
- U.S. Violated Trade Rules With Tariffs on China, WTO Says
- EU Parliament Votes to Make Ships Pay for Their Pollution
"ICE PRINCE" sinks....
ICE PRINCE SINKS
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy