ICE PRINCE SINKS
THE Greek-flag, 6,395 gt general cargo ship Ice Prince, that was abandoned by its crew yesterday, sank early this morning in very rough weather about 26 miles south south east of the Portland Bill, England.
The UK's Maritime and Coastguard Agency said the vessel had been monitored throughout the evening and night by the French Coastguard tug Abeille Liberte and Klyne Tugs Anglian Earl. Salvors are aboard both tugs. Portland Coastguard along with their French Coastguard colleagues in Cross Corsen are warning other approaching shipping of the hazards in the area, particularly in the south west bound lane of the Casquets traffic separation scheme.
Just before the Ice Prince sank, the crew of the Abeille Liberte reported that further timber deck cargo had been lost to the sea and that the angle of the list had increased but that visibility is very poor at present in very rough weather. The tug is remaining on scene to act as a guard ship to the wreck.
Meanwhile yesterday evening the car carrier City Of Sunderland, which had grounded on England's East Coast, was successfully refloated with the assistance of two tugs; the Svitzer Trimley from Harwich and the Grey Test from Felixstowe.
- Venezuelan Patrol Boat Sinks after Colliding with Cruise Ship
- Okeanis Eco Tankers Secures Work for VLCC
- USCG Medevacs Crewman from Yang Ming Boxship
- Ruby Princess coronavirus deaths to be subject of criminal investigation by NSW Police homicide squad
- UAE to Ease Restrictions on Crew Changes
- Italian ro-pax ferry contacted breakwater, damaged, Greece
- Thirty-Eight Crew Members on Disney Wonder Reportedly Test Positive for COVID-19
- Master of K-LINE car carrier found dead in his cabin
- USS Theodore Roosevelt: COVID-19 cases rise, evacuation of sailors underway
- TORM Aframax tanker reported 3 crew including woman injured in boat fall
- U.S. Navy Probe to Decide Future of Fired Commander
- Natural Gas Glut Moves Offshore
- Shin Kurushima Dockyard Gets ClassNK AiP for LNG-Fueled Chemical Tanker Design
- Ferry feared sunk by cyclone, 60 people missing, Solomon islands
- COVID-19: IMO Chief Seeks UN Support over Keyworker Designation for Crew
"ICE PRINCE" sinks....
ICE PRINCE SINKS
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy
- Myanmar Navy’s New LPD ‘Moattama’ In Vladivostok