ICE PRINCE SINKS
THE Greek-flag, 6,395 gt general cargo ship Ice Prince, that was abandoned by its crew yesterday, sank early this morning in very rough weather about 26 miles south south east of the Portland Bill, England.
The UK's Maritime and Coastguard Agency said the vessel had been monitored throughout the evening and night by the French Coastguard tug Abeille Liberte and Klyne Tugs Anglian Earl. Salvors are aboard both tugs. Portland Coastguard along with their French Coastguard colleagues in Cross Corsen are warning other approaching shipping of the hazards in the area, particularly in the south west bound lane of the Casquets traffic separation scheme.
Just before the Ice Prince sank, the crew of the Abeille Liberte reported that further timber deck cargo had been lost to the sea and that the angle of the list had increased but that visibility is very poor at present in very rough weather. The tug is remaining on scene to act as a guard ship to the wreck.
Meanwhile yesterday evening the car carrier City Of Sunderland, which had grounded on England's East Coast, was successfully refloated with the assistance of two tugs; the Svitzer Trimley from Harwich and the Grey Test from Felixstowe.
- Greek Shipowners Kill EU’s Russian Oil Tanker Ban
- Another hurdle out of the way as Noble shareholders greenlight Maersk merger
- Fire on board of Turkish ship, Azov sea, Russia 1 crew died UPDATE
- Unsecured Openings Led to Flooding and Sinking of Towing Vessel, NTSB Determines
- Crew fatality on board NCC SAFA at Amsterdam anchorage
- Saudi Aramco petroleum storage site hit by Houthi attack, fire erupts
- UAE ro-ro ship capsized, sinking in Persian Gulf, SAR under way
- Keel laid for HaiSea’s zero-emission electric harbour tug
- Bangladeshi bulk carrier hit by Russian Navy missile: 1 crew died
- Two Ukrainian commercial ships seized by Russians, Ukraine says
- World’s Largest Shipping Lines Suspend Shipping to Russia
- Felicity Ace Sinks in Atlantic Ocean
- Turkish bulk carrier hit by Russian air strike off Odessa
- Mediterranean moves a step closer to becoming an ECA
- NES battery, control systems for Scandlines’ zero-emission ferry
"ICE PRINCE" sinks....
ICE PRINCE SINKS
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy