ICE PRINCE SINKS
THE Greek-flag, 6,395 gt general cargo ship Ice Prince, that was abandoned by its crew yesterday, sank early this morning in very rough weather about 26 miles south south east of the Portland Bill, England.
The UK's Maritime and Coastguard Agency said the vessel had been monitored throughout the evening and night by the French Coastguard tug Abeille Liberte and Klyne Tugs Anglian Earl. Salvors are aboard both tugs. Portland Coastguard along with their French Coastguard colleagues in Cross Corsen are warning other approaching shipping of the hazards in the area, particularly in the south west bound lane of the Casquets traffic separation scheme.
Just before the Ice Prince sank, the crew of the Abeille Liberte reported that further timber deck cargo had been lost to the sea and that the angle of the list had increased but that visibility is very poor at present in very rough weather. The tug is remaining on scene to act as a guard ship to the wreck.
Meanwhile yesterday evening the car carrier City Of Sunderland, which had grounded on England's East Coast, was successfully refloated with the assistance of two tugs; the Svitzer Trimley from Harwich and the Grey Test from Felixstowe.
- Netanyahu Blames Tehran For Explosion Aboard Israeli RoRo Helios Ray
- Container line schedule reliability at record low for 6th month running
- China seeks to accelerate green economy including shipping and ports
- Israel Clears Greek Tanker of Suspicion in Oil Spill Investigation
- CMA CGM to Deploy Six LNG-Powered Containerships on Transpacific
- Oil Benchmark Revamp Sees Surge in Trading of Opaque Swaps
- Wakashio Captain Confirms He Navigated Close to Shore to Pick Up Cell Signal, But Blames Chief Officer for Grounding
- Australia Launches Livestock Carrier Inspection Campaign
- Ship Owners Lock In Charter Rates at 13-Year Highs
- Germany and Belgium Seize a Record 23 Tonnes of Cocaine Found in Shipping Containers
- Samsung Heavy Industries Settles Petrobras Bribery Case for $150M
- Indonesian Navy Catches Five Pirates in the Act of Raiding a Barge
- Companies Bail on Russia’s Nord Stream 2 Pipeline
- Rauma shipyard shuts down production after over 230 coronavirus infections
- Grimaldi inks $500 million RoRo order with Hyundai Mipo
"ICE PRINCE" sinks....
ICE PRINCE SINKS
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy