ICE PRINCE SINKS
THE Greek-flag, 6,395 gt general cargo ship Ice Prince, that was abandoned by its crew yesterday, sank early this morning in very rough weather about 26 miles south south east of the Portland Bill, England.
The UK's Maritime and Coastguard Agency said the vessel had been monitored throughout the evening and night by the French Coastguard tug Abeille Liberte and Klyne Tugs Anglian Earl. Salvors are aboard both tugs. Portland Coastguard along with their French Coastguard colleagues in Cross Corsen are warning other approaching shipping of the hazards in the area, particularly in the south west bound lane of the Casquets traffic separation scheme.
Just before the Ice Prince sank, the crew of the Abeille Liberte reported that further timber deck cargo had been lost to the sea and that the angle of the list had increased but that visibility is very poor at present in very rough weather. The tug is remaining on scene to act as a guard ship to the wreck.
Meanwhile yesterday evening the car carrier City Of Sunderland, which had grounded on England's East Coast, was successfully refloated with the assistance of two tugs; the Svitzer Trimley from Harwich and the Grey Test from Felixstowe.
- Stricken Solo Yachtsman Sighted in the Indian Ocean
- Autonomous Navigation along Inland Waterways
- Australia's Antarctic Icebreaker Afloat
- English High Court Continues Djibouti Port Company Restraint
- Bomin Exits Bunker Markets in Singapore, Antwerp
- ABB Acquires Logistics Tech Firm intrion
- Trafigura Leases 35 Crude Oil and Product Tankers
- Marlink Sings Pact with SES Networks
- Aker Solutions Wins Services Contract with Petrobras
- Nigerian Pirates Kidnap 12 Crew from Swiss Cargo Ship
- Ferry Capsizes on Lake Victoria, Killing Over 130 Passengers
- Cadets Study the "Tears of the Arizona"
- Murmansk Port Experiments with Screens to Control Coal Dust
- Navy's Shipboard Posts May Have Higher Risk of Sexual Assault
- APM Terminals Gothenburg Performs Well
"ICE PRINCE" sinks....
ICE PRINCE SINKS
- Cantium Contracts Rowan Jack-up
- Seabourn Cruises into Cuba in 2019
- Belt and Road Fuels Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding Growth
- Davie awarded $610 million for AHTS-to-icebreaker conversions
- Soybean Ship Docks in Dalian
- Passengers View Red Arrows From Cunard Queens
- Antwerp Introduces Autonomous Sounding Boat
- Ghana Arrests Saiko Crew
- Africa Opens its Doors to the World
- Port of Antwerp Fire Under Control
- Google Street View Tours Offshore Platform
- Burlington (EPF 10) Passes Acceptance Trials
- Port of Antwerp Tests Autonomous Sounding Boat
- Jack-up Completes Major Crane Refit
- Dorian LPG reports loss-making quarter
- Retailers Stock Up Ahead of Tariffs
- Investigators Examine Tanker Suspected in Hit-and-Run
- Three Firms Accused of Violating Sanctions on N. Korea
- Lightering Set to Begin for SSL Kolkata
- After Spill, Port of Rotterdam Replaces Miles of Shoreline