ICE PRINCE SINKS
THE Greek-flag, 6,395 gt general cargo ship Ice Prince, that was abandoned by its crew yesterday, sank early this morning in very rough weather about 26 miles south south east of the Portland Bill, England.
The UK's Maritime and Coastguard Agency said the vessel had been monitored throughout the evening and night by the French Coastguard tug Abeille Liberte and Klyne Tugs Anglian Earl. Salvors are aboard both tugs. Portland Coastguard along with their French Coastguard colleagues in Cross Corsen are warning other approaching shipping of the hazards in the area, particularly in the south west bound lane of the Casquets traffic separation scheme.
Just before the Ice Prince sank, the crew of the Abeille Liberte reported that further timber deck cargo had been lost to the sea and that the angle of the list had increased but that visibility is very poor at present in very rough weather. The tug is remaining on scene to act as a guard ship to the wreck.
Meanwhile yesterday evening the car carrier City Of Sunderland, which had grounded on England's East Coast, was successfully refloated with the assistance of two tugs; the Svitzer Trimley from Harwich and the Grey Test from Felixstowe.
- Klaveness Combination Carriers nets green financing for its two newbuilds
- Wild Swings in Freight Rates the New Normal Amid Uneven Recovery
- Mission to Seafarers Sea Sunday celebrations to be broadcast online
- Cosco Shipping Maritime University debuts in Qingdao
- Seaborne trade to contract by 1bn tonnes in 2020: Clarksons
- Suez Canal gives vehicle carrier toll rebate
- Maersk acquiring KGH Customs Services in $279m deal
- Pressure Builds to Salvage Decaying FSO Off War-Torn Yemen
- The USCG's First Superstorm: The Great Galveston Hurricane
- Two U.S. Navy Carriers Send a Message in South China Sea
- Study: Gas Hydrate Plug May Have Led to Deepwater Horizon Blowout
- Greenpeace UK Fined $100,000 Over Oil Rig Protests
- Brave Tern gearing up for largest wind turbines
- Pirates Attack Second Vessel in Gulf of Guinea Kidnapping Five Crew
- Employing the USMCA to Build Trade Between Florida and Mexico's Ports
"ICE PRINCE" sinks....
ICE PRINCE SINKS
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy