INTERCARGO IN VETTING DEAL
DRY bulk carrier owners' body Intercargo and RightShip have agreed that vessels entered with Intercargo will be awarded bonus points in RightShip"s online Ship Vetting Information System.
This agreement, which potentially lifts the rating of Intercargo ships in a vetting system used by thousands of shippers and other key maritime industry players, follows a meeting in RightShip"s Melbourne Office on Monday 4 February between Roger Holt, Secretary General of Intercargo and Warwick Norman, CEO of RightShip.
At this meeting, Mr Holt and Mr Norman reviewed and exchanged views on 2006-2007 Bulk Carrier safety and performance related data, and also looked at the data summaries of RightShip"s ?Ship Vetting Information System? and Intercargo"s ?Benchmarking Bulk Carriers? to establish whether synergies existed between the two systems.
RightShip have agreed that with effect from 1 March, vessels entered with Intercargo and denoted as such on the RightShip website would have the quantitative advantages of Association membership and better-than-average PSC recognised through the awarding of additional quality bonus points to the vessels score with the potential impact of lifting the vessel overall rating by one star in the RightShip"s five star rating system.
Speaking after the meeting, RightShip"s Warwick Norman said: ?As an Intercargo member ourselves and on behalf of our responsible Chartering interests, we are delighted to contribute to the ongoing debate about Bulk Carrier safety by working with others to identify and reward high standards of performance. It"s right in line with our strong pursuit of quality objectives, and our commitment to The Poseidon Challenge.?
Capt Holt of Intercargo said: ?We are pleased that a proactive organisation like RightShip can use its developed quantitative analysis tools to benchmark our sector. Clearly, the message about standards has been given a major boost by this recognition. We will continue to engage with RightShip and other parties such as the MoUs, to promote systems which offer tangible rewards for higher standards. This is a major development which we are very pleased to accept on behalf of Intercargo members.?
- Tanker Group Knutsen Enhances Ship Connectivity
- Great Eastern Shipping Delivers its Supramax Dry Bulk Carrier Jag Rahul to the Buyers
- Greek Shipping Dominates Capital Link Forum in Athens
- Oil from Sunken Sanchi Tanker Washes Up in Japan
- British Ship Insurer Steamship to Set Up Dutch Subsidiary as Brexit Hedge
- NASSCO Delivers ‘Floating Sea Base’ USNS Hershel “Woody” Williams to U.S. Navy
- New Zealand’s Port of Tauranga Result Tipped to Confirm Strong Growth
- Exmar Barge-Based FSRU on Way to Singapore
- Transocean Upbeat About Offshore Recovery, Despite Quarterly Loss
- Hyundai Mipo Dockyard delivers world's largest LNG fueled bulker
- Conrad Shipyard delivers first of three Vane Brothers ATB tugs
- EUR 300 million in financing available for green shipping projects
- Yilport Reveals Strategy to Reach Top 10 Status
- New Quay for Further Stena Line Growth
- Cyprus to Pursue Exploratory Drilling in Mediterranean Amid Standoff with Turkey
INTERCARGO in vetting deal
INTERCARGO IN VETTING DEAL
- China’s robust appetite for raw materials to boost freight demand: Bimco
- Hapag-Lloyd Opens New Ghana Office
- Baltic Index Posts First Gain in Seven Sessions
- Philippines Bans Foreign Research Ships
- Schulte LNG bunkering vessel will be ballast-free
- GE to build "digital twin" of two MSC ships
- India Contemplates Building LPG Carriers Locally
- Arctic Air Anchors Frozen Freighters, Lull for Great Lakes Shipping Industry
- BSEE Proposes Softening of Offshore Drilling Rules - WSJ
- McDermott Wins Tyra EPC Work near Denmark
- U.K. Assisting Listing Russian Ship
- U.S. Coast Guard Seeks Input in Navigation Aids
- Petrojarl I Sails for Brazil Following Upgrades
- CMA CGM completes acquisition of Mercosul Line from Maersk
- Arctic LNG Carriers Delivered: RS Class
- Container Stowage Plans Vulnerable to Hacking
- Kings Point Wins Full Reaccreditation
- Liberia strikes blow for global shipping with challenge to Brazilian court ruling
- ARA gasoline stocks edge higher; naphtha stocks plunge to nine-month low: PJK
- Higher oil prices bode well for S. Korean shipbuilders