INTERCARGO IN VETTING DEAL
DRY bulk carrier owners' body Intercargo and RightShip have agreed that vessels entered with Intercargo will be awarded bonus points in RightShip"s online Ship Vetting Information System.
This agreement, which potentially lifts the rating of Intercargo ships in a vetting system used by thousands of shippers and other key maritime industry players, follows a meeting in RightShip"s Melbourne Office on Monday 4 February between Roger Holt, Secretary General of Intercargo and Warwick Norman, CEO of RightShip.
At this meeting, Mr Holt and Mr Norman reviewed and exchanged views on 2006-2007 Bulk Carrier safety and performance related data, and also looked at the data summaries of RightShip"s ?Ship Vetting Information System? and Intercargo"s ?Benchmarking Bulk Carriers? to establish whether synergies existed between the two systems.
RightShip have agreed that with effect from 1 March, vessels entered with Intercargo and denoted as such on the RightShip website would have the quantitative advantages of Association membership and better-than-average PSC recognised through the awarding of additional quality bonus points to the vessels score with the potential impact of lifting the vessel overall rating by one star in the RightShip"s five star rating system.
Speaking after the meeting, RightShip"s Warwick Norman said: ?As an Intercargo member ourselves and on behalf of our responsible Chartering interests, we are delighted to contribute to the ongoing debate about Bulk Carrier safety by working with others to identify and reward high standards of performance. It"s right in line with our strong pursuit of quality objectives, and our commitment to The Poseidon Challenge.?
Capt Holt of Intercargo said: ?We are pleased that a proactive organisation like RightShip can use its developed quantitative analysis tools to benchmark our sector. Clearly, the message about standards has been given a major boost by this recognition. We will continue to engage with RightShip and other parties such as the MoUs, to promote systems which offer tangible rewards for higher standards. This is a major development which we are very pleased to accept on behalf of Intercargo members.?
- U.S. Disinvites China's Navy from RIMPAC Exercise
- Maersk Line Rolls out Exclusive Transatlantic Service
- Cranes, Heavy Lift Shipping, Engineering and New Technologies
- Nordic Shipholding Reports 25% Increase in Time Charter Revenues
- Havila takes PSV out of lay-up for AGS job
- Damen and CMM partner on fast crew change solution
- American Oil Boom Seen Tempting Ships to Steer Clear of Iran
- China Signals to State Giants: ‘Buy American’ Oil and Grains
- Missile Struck Turkish Ship Off Yemen, EU NAVFOR Official Says
- Pirates Release FWN Rapide Crew Members Kidnapped Off Nigeria
- New Cabotage Bill Would Support U.S. Shipbuilding
- Philly Shipyard Announces 275 Layoffs
- No Jail for “Magic Man” After 21,000 Sheep Violently Culled
- Leading North America in the Development, Construction and Operation of LNG Terminals
- Arctic Council Forum Launches Web Portal Explaining Polar Code
INTERCARGO in vetting deal
INTERCARGO IN VETTING DEAL
- HMM and PSA Take Control of Busan Terminal
- Australian Port Authority Readies Clean Shipping Incentive
- Eight Robert Allan Tugs for Persero
- Lürssen awards Civmec significant Australian OPV contract
- Robot Cleans World’s Largest Crane Vessel
- Torqeedo Powers Electric Workboat Fleet in China
- Fishing Vessel Repowered after Big Hours
- Apply Now for the MN 100
- US Women Dockworkers Accuse Shippers, Union of Discrimination
- Rotterdam Begins Deepening of New Waterway
- Novatek Delivers its First LNG Cargo to India
- 'We Not Targeted By Australia Vessel Ban': MSC
- St. Louis, Plaquemines Ports Ink MoU for Mississippi River Cooperation
- Wavepiston Puts Renolit Films to the Test
- Samsung’s Smart Ship Solution Obtains ABS Cyber Approval
- Chinese Shipbuilding Giant CSSC Appoints New Chairman
- Baltic Index Rises to One-week High
- APL Enhances Asia–Latin America Network with New Quetzal Express Service
- GoodBulk Announces Delivery of Capesize Vessel to its New Owners, Acquisition of a Second-Hand Capesize
- Iraq's Southern Oil Exports Fall in March