INTERCARGO IN VETTING DEAL
DRY bulk carrier owners' body Intercargo and RightShip have agreed that vessels entered with Intercargo will be awarded bonus points in RightShip"s online Ship Vetting Information System.
This agreement, which potentially lifts the rating of Intercargo ships in a vetting system used by thousands of shippers and other key maritime industry players, follows a meeting in RightShip"s Melbourne Office on Monday 4 February between Roger Holt, Secretary General of Intercargo and Warwick Norman, CEO of RightShip.
At this meeting, Mr Holt and Mr Norman reviewed and exchanged views on 2006-2007 Bulk Carrier safety and performance related data, and also looked at the data summaries of RightShip"s ?Ship Vetting Information System? and Intercargo"s ?Benchmarking Bulk Carriers? to establish whether synergies existed between the two systems.
RightShip have agreed that with effect from 1 March, vessels entered with Intercargo and denoted as such on the RightShip website would have the quantitative advantages of Association membership and better-than-average PSC recognised through the awarding of additional quality bonus points to the vessels score with the potential impact of lifting the vessel overall rating by one star in the RightShip"s five star rating system.
Speaking after the meeting, RightShip"s Warwick Norman said: ?As an Intercargo member ourselves and on behalf of our responsible Chartering interests, we are delighted to contribute to the ongoing debate about Bulk Carrier safety by working with others to identify and reward high standards of performance. It"s right in line with our strong pursuit of quality objectives, and our commitment to The Poseidon Challenge.?
Capt Holt of Intercargo said: ?We are pleased that a proactive organisation like RightShip can use its developed quantitative analysis tools to benchmark our sector. Clearly, the message about standards has been given a major boost by this recognition. We will continue to engage with RightShip and other parties such as the MoUs, to promote systems which offer tangible rewards for higher standards. This is a major development which we are very pleased to accept on behalf of Intercargo members.?
- Kitack Lim to Lead IMO for Another 4 Years
- 14 Crew Rescued from Listing Cargo Ship in Greek Waters
- Norsepower, SWS Wrap Up Energy-Efficient VLCC Project
- Georgia Ports Authority Gears to Surpass 4.6 M TEUs
- New Zeland to Join IMO Air Pollution Convention
- U.S., China Move Closer to Trade Deal Despite Harsh Rhetoric
- The New Polish Navy vessel ORP Slazak ready for duty
- Bureau Veritas Grants AIP for 19,000 cbm LNG Bunkering Vessel Design
- MOL, Total Pen Deal for 2nd LNG Bunker Vessel
- Dryad: 19 Tanker Crew Kidnapped off Nigeria
- Essar Shipping to Install Scrubbers on Four Ships
- Successful Factory Acceptance Test For ECA Group Submarine Steering Console
- Ammonia-Fuelled 23,000 TEU Boxship Design Gets AIP
- Rotterdam’s city council gives the green light to the Port Vision
- China Denies U.S. Navy Ships from Hong Kong Port Visits
INTERCARGO in vetting deal
INTERCARGO IN VETTING DEAL
- Maersk Kicks Off Office Workforce Cuts
- DP World Rings Nasdaq Dubai Bell after USD 2.3 Bn Listing
- Drive to develop coatings standard and data
- Costa Smeralda Passes LNG Propulsion Trials
- DRDO BrahMos supersonic cruise missile successfully fired by Indian Navy
- Niras Wins Contract for Tanzania’s Tanga Port
- Simpson Spence Young Makes Investment in Marine Benchmark
- Russia’s Kanonersky Shipyard Floats Project 16450 ‘Akademik Ageev’ Research Vessel
- Maersk announces new PSS from North Europe
- Tersan Shipyard delivered 2 factory fishing vessels to Ervik Havfiske
- Pakistan Navy Receives Locally-Built Fast Attack Missile Craft
- Russian Navy's Admiral Kasatonov frigate trains with aviation in White Sea
- Construction Begins on K Line’s LNG-Powered Car Carrier
- Cargo handling industry experts move to prevent port and terminal collisions
- NYK, Pertamina Sign MoU for Energy Transportation
- Newport News Shipbuilding to Host Ford-class carrier John F. Kennedy christening
- CMA CGM Concludes Biofuel Tests with IKEA, GoodShipping
- Golar LNG Postpones Shipping Spin-Off to 2020
- First British Royal Navy personnel joins HMS TAMAR
- Vizag Port Trust all set to become transhipment hub
- Myanmar Navy’s New LPD ‘Moattama’ In Vladivostok
- Russian Tanker Damaged by Deadly Gas Explosion Released
- Fishing season begins in the Caspian Sea
- Police's naval drill in Persian Gulf