INTERCARGO IN VETTING DEAL
DRY bulk carrier owners' body Intercargo and RightShip have agreed that vessels entered with Intercargo will be awarded bonus points in RightShip"s online Ship Vetting Information System.
This agreement, which potentially lifts the rating of Intercargo ships in a vetting system used by thousands of shippers and other key maritime industry players, follows a meeting in RightShip"s Melbourne Office on Monday 4 February between Roger Holt, Secretary General of Intercargo and Warwick Norman, CEO of RightShip.
At this meeting, Mr Holt and Mr Norman reviewed and exchanged views on 2006-2007 Bulk Carrier safety and performance related data, and also looked at the data summaries of RightShip"s ?Ship Vetting Information System? and Intercargo"s ?Benchmarking Bulk Carriers? to establish whether synergies existed between the two systems.
RightShip have agreed that with effect from 1 March, vessels entered with Intercargo and denoted as such on the RightShip website would have the quantitative advantages of Association membership and better-than-average PSC recognised through the awarding of additional quality bonus points to the vessels score with the potential impact of lifting the vessel overall rating by one star in the RightShip"s five star rating system.
Speaking after the meeting, RightShip"s Warwick Norman said: ?As an Intercargo member ourselves and on behalf of our responsible Chartering interests, we are delighted to contribute to the ongoing debate about Bulk Carrier safety by working with others to identify and reward high standards of performance. It"s right in line with our strong pursuit of quality objectives, and our commitment to The Poseidon Challenge.?
Capt Holt of Intercargo said: ?We are pleased that a proactive organisation like RightShip can use its developed quantitative analysis tools to benchmark our sector. Clearly, the message about standards has been given a major boost by this recognition. We will continue to engage with RightShip and other parties such as the MoUs, to promote systems which offer tangible rewards for higher standards. This is a major development which we are very pleased to accept on behalf of Intercargo members.?
- First Steel Cut for New Swedish-Finnish RoPax
- Hapag-Lloyd to apply GRI from North East Asia
- EXMAR and Anglo-Eastern form new JV for LNG ship management
- Shell, Qatar Petroleum Form Global LNG Bunkering JV
- Maersk increases rates from Shanghai to Europe
- Smit Lamnalco Wins 10-Year FLNG Services Deal in Mozambique
- Teekay Offshore Orders Suezmax Shuttle Tanker from Samsung Heavy
- H-Line, Vitol Pen Ten-Year Charter Deal for LNG Carrier Newbuild
- PD Ports crowned Business of the Year at Annual Excellence Awards
- MSC: Third 23,000 TEU Boxship Named in Bremerhaven
- UK Selects McLaughlin & Harvey for 2nd Phase of Liverpool2
- Maersk Tankers Looking to Buy AET’s MR Tanker Fleet
- Georgia Ports to Double Container Capacity
- Maersk announces fresh FAK rates from Asia
- Shandong Shipping Orders 12 Tankers, Bulkers in China
INTERCARGO in vetting deal
INTERCARGO IN VETTING DEAL
- Hamburg Süd launches digital booking application
- Pacific Basin to Pay USD 74 Mn for Bulker Quartet
- Samsung Heavy, ABS Team Up on Next-Generation LNG Carrier
- MOL Wraps Up LNG Bunkering Trial in Port of Kobe
- Hapag-Lloyd increases rates from East Asia
- Largest ‘green’ hydrogen plant in Europe
- Saudis To Buyers: You’ll Get Your Oil Volumes Despite Attack
- Essar Ports: Green Ports Are the Future of the Industry
- Tsuneishi to build hydrogen-powered ferry in cooperation with CMB
- US ascends to top of oil export leagues
- Suez Canal extends discounts for LNG carriers
- Construction Starts on Furetank’s 7th Vinga Tanker
- Maersk announces AE2 blank sailing
- MPC Capital, Zeaborn Form New Joint Venture to Manage Over 160 Boxships
- Oil prices up as Saudis struggle with rapid recovery
- MAN Energy to supply hybrid propulsion system for research ship
- North Sea Port starts testing
- Caribbean port selects Octopi
- IUMI: Marine Cargo Premiums Inadequate to Cover Losses
- Iran Seizes Another Tanker for Allegedly Smuggling Fuel