INTERMANAGER TO TACKLE “KEY ISSUES”
INTERMANAGER, the trade association for in-house and third party ship managers, has formed four new working committees to tackle issues of significant importance to today's shipping industry.
Headed up by key players in the industry, the Manning and Training; IMO-EU; Communications; and New Products Committees are described as being “part of a forward thinking initiative to strengthen the industry and the way today's ships are managed and operated.”
InterManager says that its members are directly affected by the growing shortage of competent seafarers and “their improper training”. Its Executive Committee has therefore decided to create a new Manning and Training Committee to review the issues and propose a tangible action plan. The final output is expected to be a series of common actions undertaken by members of InterManager, specifically geared to address the short and long term problems of the sector. A Committee Chairman is expected to be nominated by June 18th.
The IMO-EU Committee is charged with representing the interests of the InterManager membership at these regulatory bodies. This special Committee will assume InterManager's NGO role at the IMO and will work to forge closer links with the European Commission. Bob Bishop, Managing Director of the Shipmanagement Division of V.Ships, has been appointed Chairman of the IMO-EU Committee.
A Communications Committee, to be headed up by Adonis Violaris, Manager of Communications, PR and Human Resources, Hanseatic Shipping Company Ltd, will concentrate on IT and Press issues. It will develop a new InterManager website and use electronic data processing to further benefit InterManager members. It will also ensure that all the information of potential interest to managers is adequately distributed to InterManager members.
The New Products Committee, headed up by George Hoyt, President of Newslink Services Ltd, will work to define new products intended to improve the services available to InterManager members. In particular, InterManager has agreed to play a stronger role in a better understanding of the shipping industry by contributing to a number of academic studies that will help to shed light on the sector and make it more transparent.
- Hapag-Lloyd increases prices from East Asia
- Russia’s Northern Fleet to test Nikolai Skosyrev hydrographic vessel
- d’Amico Shrinks Loss, Bullish on Tanker Market Recovery
- Yangzijiang Secures 11 Orders in 2nd Half of 2019
- Australian Navy will receive Sydney Air Warfare Destroyer in 2020
- Dutch Salvage Firm to Refloat Grounded Tanker off India
- MOL, SHI Win DNV GL AIP for ULCV Bow Windshield Design
- Exmar Ships First LNG Cargo Produced by Tango FLNG
- Viking Sky Near Grounding the Result of Low Lubricating Oil
- APL updates South China Loop 3 service
- Russia To Upgrade Three More Nanuchka III-Class Corvettes
- China’s COSCO Sets Up New Company for Intra-Europe Services
- Alcohol Leads to Fatal Fall aboard Cargo Ship, Transport Malta Says
- MMSC For Hellenic Navy: No, The Cost Is Not € 2 Billion, It Is Double The Amount
- Pirates Attack Italian-Flagged Ship off Mexico
Intermanager to tackle 'key issues'
INTERMANAGER TO TACKLE “KEY ISSUES”
- Nordic Ports Join Forces to Focus on Sustainable Future
- Russia’s Pacific Fleet Udaloy-Class Destroyer
- Drewry: Box Spot Rates Rise amid More Idle Ships, Bunker Surcharges
- Four Japanese Companies Partner Up on FPSO Charter Project
- HII Laid Keel Of 1st Flight III Arleigh Burke-Class Destroyer
- HHI Launched Third Daegu-Class FFX Batch II Frigate For ROK Navy
- ITF Calls for Urgent Action to Fight Piracy in Gulf of Guinea
- Klaveness Scaling Down Supramax Activity to Focus on Panamax
- Maersk’s Søren Toft Leaves, Company Looking for New COO
- Maersk announces new PSS in Port Sudan
- MPC Capital Takes Stake in Tanker Specialist Albis
- Port of Ceuta Carries Out First VLSFO Bunkering
- ITF Calls for Urgent Action to Tackle Rising Piracy in Gulf of Guinea
- Gibson: Tanker Scrapping to Remain Low During Winter
- USCG: Oils Spills During Bunkering Ops in Honolulu
- Halifax Shipyard Launches 2nd AOPS For Royal Canadian Navy
- Pakistan Navy Commissions New Survey Vessel Behr Masah
- ABS Introduces Industry’s 1st Guide to Tackle Containership Fire Issue
- Russian Navy To Build Armored Shelters For Its Submarines
- Maersk announces new rates from North Europe
- Myanmar Navy’s New LPD ‘Moattama’ In Vladivostok
- Russian Tanker Damaged by Deadly Gas Explosion Released
- Fishing season begins in the Caspian Sea
- Police's naval drill in Persian Gulf