- South African Port Closures Add to Commodity Market Turmoil
- Meyer Werft: Impact of Coronavirus on New Cruise Ship Orders to Be Immense
- Stena Bulk About to Test Biofuel on Its MR Tanker
- FSG Delivers Eighth RoRo Newbuild to Siem
- Maersk Gjertrud Seafarers Suspected of Having Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Uncertainties Steer Konecranes to Profit Warning
- Schottel secures propulsion contract to equip US Navy vessels
- Diana Shipping’s CEO Has COVID-19
- Clerc: 85 Pct of Maersk’s Global Office-Based Staff Work From Home
- Green LNG Seen as a Way to Meet IMO Emissions Targets, Study Shows
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Announces 2,500 Temporary Layoffs in U.S. and Mexico
- 3 Ships Approached in Two Days off West Africa
- US Navy reports three coronavirus cases onboard aircraft carrier
- Tanker broke in two, sank or sinking, Mediterranean
- Cargo Ship Runs Aground off Scottish Coast
Iran says UK oil tanker could be released soon
The British-flagged oil tanker seized by Iran could be released after the imminent completion of legal proceedings against the tanker, Iranian state television reported on Sunday, September 8.
This news is a total 498 time has been read
The problem of ships using open-loop scrubbersUncertainty around the sustainability of open-loop scrubbers continues to escalate in the shipping industry ahead of the implementation of the IMO’s sulphur cap in 2020. Varsha Saraogi investigates whether shipowners should be using them.
Risk to Shipping Set to Rise in Middle East with U.S. Attack on Top Iranian CommanderThe risk to shipping in the Persian Gulf region is set to rise following a U.S. airstrike in Iraq that killed a top Iranian commander, just months after spiking to record levels on heightened geopolitical risk.
Oil price surge reflects genuine concern of US-Iran conflictThere has been a common fallacy for a while that, thanks to the US shale revolution, the world has plenty of oil.
What New Threats to Strategic Stability in Asia Did 2019 Bring?The year 2019 has become a turning point in relations between great nuclear powers. According to Russian military expert Vasily Kashin, this has had a direct effect on the strategic situation in Asia.
U.S., China Move Closer to Trade Deal Despite Harsh RhetoricThe U.S. and China are moving closer to agreeing on the amount of tariffs that would be rolled back in a phase-one trade deal despite tensions over Hong Kong and Xinjiang, people familiar with the talks said.
How the Trade War and a Changing China Are Roiling Global ShippingBy Ann Koh and Serene Cheong (Bloomberg) –The trade war and China’s economic shift made 2018 a tough year for global shipping and will continue to reverberate through the industry, according to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy
- Myanmar Navy’s New LPD ‘Moattama’ In Vladivostok