Ro-pax CRUISE EUROPA contact breakwater while maneuvering to berth at Patras Greece in the evening Apr 4, in adverse weather conditions. Ship’s portside hull sustained two breaches above waterline, 20-centimeter long each. The ship arrived from Ancona Italy with 55 vehicles and 56 drivers on board. In the afternoon Apr 5 she was berthed in Patras.
- All foundations up at Zhuhai Jinwan offshore wind farm
- Prosafe dives deeper into the red over impairment charges
- Delek sells rights to royalties from Karish and Tanin fields
- Deep adds new vessel to its fleet
- APL boxship loses about 40 containers in heavy weather
- World’s largest construction vessel gets first-ever drone delivery
- First steel cut for mega jack-up Voltaire
- Seaspan Boxship Spills Fuel at Port of Algeciras
- First Iranian Tanker Docks in Venezuela Without Incident
- CSBC names Yang Ming’s two newbuilds
- Brodosplit splashes Quark Expedition’s new polar vessel
- Nippon Paint Marine’s new coating gaining on popularity among dry bulk owners
- OOS International’s newbuild SSCV awaits sea trials
- San Francisco Firefighters Save WWII Liberty Ship SS Jeremiah O'Brien
- China Enters the Low-Sulfur Shipping Era
Italian ro-pax ferry contacted breakwater, damaged, Greece
Ship’s portside hull sustained two breaches above waterline, 20-centimeter long each.
CRUISE EUROPA (IMO: 9351490) is a Ro-Ro/Passenger Ship that was built in 2009 (11 years ago) and is sailing under the flag of Italy.
It’s carrying capacity is 54310 Gross Tonnage and her current draught is reported to be 6.6 meters. Her length overall (LOA) is 225 meters and her width is 30.41 meters.
Name: CRUISE EUROPA
Vessel Type - Generic: Passenger
Vessel Type - Detailed: Ro-Ro/Passenger Ship
Gross Tonnage: 54310 t
Summer DWT: 8351 t
Length Overall x Breadth Extreme: 225 x 30.41 m
Year Built: 2009
Home Port: PALERMO
TURKISH MARITIME NEWS
This news is a total 687 time has been read
APL boxship loses about 40 containers in heavy weatherAPL England, a 5,780 TEU containership sailing under the Singapore flag, lost around 40 containers in heavy weather while underway off Sydney, Australia, on May 25.
Pirates fire upon Stolt-Nielsen’s chemical tanker in the Gulf of AdenA Stolt-Nielsen chemical tanker sustained minor damages over the weekend after armed guards aboard Stolt Apal and pirates engaged in a brief gun battle while the vessel was underway in the Gulf of Aden.
Tanker fire kills seven at shipyard in IndonesiaSeven people died after an Aframax tanker undergoing maintenance at a shipyard in Indonesia caught fire on 11 May 2020.
Iranian vessel hit by friendly fire; 19 deadAn Iranian destroyer mistakenly struck a support vessel during a naval exercise Sunday in the Persian Gulf, killing at least 19 people, according to local media on Monday.Sources in Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps label incident ‘human error’
Pirates board two ships, kidnap seafarers in Gulf of GuineaTwo new pirate attacks that resulted in the kidnapping of seafarers have been reported in the Gulf of Guinea. It appears that both incidents could be related.
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy