ALSANCAK ATTACK AT CRUISE TOURISM
İzmir Alsancak Port, which was visited by 150 thousand people last year, this year increased this count to 115 thousand in 6 months.
International Cruise Companies intend to make 107 expeditions and bring 301 thousand 892 passenger to İzmir Alsancak Port throughout the year.
Chamber of Shipping İzmir Director Geza Dologh said that Alsancak Port which was the biggest container port of Turkey, recent years attacked at cruiser tourism.
Dologh said: "in 2003, only 8 cruiser vessel anchored at Alsancak Port, in 2004 this count increased to 32, in 2005 increased to 26 and these brought 135 thousand passengers to İzmir. Last in 2006 totally 87 ships brought 150 thousand people to Alsancak."
Dologh said they had worked with Italy and Turkey to put İzmir in the list of the ports which cruiser ships rests and had increased the customs to 2 dollars, as a result of these cruiser tourism had rised there.
Dologh who said: " Turkey attacked after the discovery of cruiser tourism." continued saying: " Turkey is an important zone for cruiser tourism, it takes place at Mediterranean Catchments. Apart from this it is a star, which will shine with its values of history, culture and climate. I believe that İzmir, which managed to be in the list of MSC which is the most brilliant company in the sector after Costa, will make important enterprises at cruiser tourism."
Baltazzi: "Our Aim is to Reach 400 Thousand People"
Ege Travel Agency Foundation (ESAD) President Alex Baltazzi said in 2007 international companies will make a program to bring 300 thousand people to İzmir Alsancak Port.
Baltazzi who mentioned that their aim is bringing 400 thousand foreign tourist to İzmir, continued: " Paying customs by İZTO, coordinate the port, our tries are the reasons of foreign tourists to come İzmir Port. This year we know that 300 thousand passengers will come. Our aim is to reach 400 thousand. We have been still about to deal with some companies about this. in 2008 the count of passengers come by cruiser vessels is expected to increase percent 20."
On the other hand, Baltazzi who defends it was wrong that the tourists come by cruiser ships didn't leave foreign currency, said they followed tourists' spendings and they would conduct a survey to tourists to gain statistical data
- Jiangnan Shipbuilding wins order for VLGC trio from AW Shipping
- Engine room fire disables Cap Jackson containership
- Disgruntled Security Guard Takes Control of Drybulk Carrier
- Agreement for Next Generation Wind Turbine Installation Vessel
- Quick Mooring Allows 75 People to Safely Disembark Sinking Cruise Boat
- UK MCA Detains Six Fishing Vessels in Ongoing Safety Effort
- Oman bans open-loop scrubbers
- China's Giant Three Gorges Dam Faces Major Test
- Italian Cruise Lines Plan Restart Despite Growing Uncertainties
- Shanghai port hits record high container volume in July
- Ocean Governance and Maritime Security in the Gulf of Guinea
- NASA Astronauts Complete First Manned Splashdown Since 1975
- Boxship Arrives in UAE With Toppled Containers
- 11 Killed in Crane Collapse at Indian Shipyard
- Classification Approval for First Entirely 3D Model-Based Design
Izmir Port attack at cruise tourism
ALSANCAK ATTACK AT CRUISE TOURISM
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy