MAERSK IN BROSTROM BID
The Maersk group has made a bid for Swedish chemical and product tanker operator Brostrom worth US$569m. According to the Danish giant, over 55% of Brostrom's shareholders had agreed to accept the offer, as recommended by the company's board.
"The scale of the combined operation will enable us to offer a superior world wide service through a large, modern and homogeneous fleet. We need scale to ensure our organisation is cost effective and for customers to have easy access to chartering offices globally. Combining Maersk Tankers and Broström"s scale with skilled and dedicated employees will further enhance our competitive position and create the world"s leading product tanker company," said Maersk Tankers CEO Søren Skou.
"From a business point of view there is a good match between our two companies," said Brostrom CEO Lennart Simonsson. "In our evaluation of various partners to team up with in the consolidation process it is our view that Maersk Tankers is one of the best partners. Both companies have a long and strong heritage in the tanker market and our combined resources give us a platform to further develop from."
- Introducing the top EPC company (IOEC)
- DNV GL Dropping the ‘GL’ Amid Corporate Rebranding
- KSOE wins order for VLCC pair
- Beirut Blast: Interpol Red Notice Issued For Ship Captain & Owner
- Turkey imposes harsher maritime pollution fines
- MSC joins the Hydrogen Council to help accelerate shipping's decarbonization
- Shell to cut 330 offshore jobs from North Sea
- Baltic Dry Index Extends Rally Surging 10%
- Australia Has Unseaworthy Livestock Carrier Hauled Away Along with 2-Year Ban
- Seajacks awarded Japanese offshore wind contract
- Freezing Weather Snarls Asian Port, Sending Energy Prices Soaring
- Shipmanagement 2021: Covid and the lost generation of quality crew
- US Targets Iran's Metals and Shipping Industries with New Sanctions
- Cruises from Italy to Resume While North American Cruises are Delayed
- S. Korea Sends Diplomats to Tehran to Negotiate Tanker's Release
Maersk Group in brostrom bid
MAERSK IN BROSTROM BID
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy