MAERSK IN BROSTROM BID
The Maersk group has made a bid for Swedish chemical and product tanker operator Brostrom worth US$569m. According to the Danish giant, over 55% of Brostrom's shareholders had agreed to accept the offer, as recommended by the company's board.
"The scale of the combined operation will enable us to offer a superior world wide service through a large, modern and homogeneous fleet. We need scale to ensure our organisation is cost effective and for customers to have easy access to chartering offices globally. Combining Maersk Tankers and Broström"s scale with skilled and dedicated employees will further enhance our competitive position and create the world"s leading product tanker company," said Maersk Tankers CEO Søren Skou.
"From a business point of view there is a good match between our two companies," said Brostrom CEO Lennart Simonsson. "In our evaluation of various partners to team up with in the consolidation process it is our view that Maersk Tankers is one of the best partners. Both companies have a long and strong heritage in the tanker market and our combined resources give us a platform to further develop from."
- WATER IS LIFE, LET'S HELP
- Penguin has delivered Singapore's first hybrid-powered ship
- Suez Canal blockage: 4 of the biggest trade chokepoints
- Unvaccinated Seafarers Put Shipping in ‘Legal Minefield’, Says ICS
- Qatar Launches Shipowner Tender for Massive Future LNG Carrier Fleet
- St. Lawrence Seaway Opens for 2021 Shipping Season
- Netanyahu Blames Tehran For Explosion Aboard Israeli RoRo Helios Ray
- Container line schedule reliability at record low for 6th month running
- China seeks to accelerate green economy including shipping and ports
- Israel Clears Greek Tanker of Suspicion in Oil Spill Investigation
- CMA CGM to Deploy Six LNG-Powered Containerships on Transpacific
- Oil Benchmark Revamp Sees Surge in Trading of Opaque Swaps
- Wakashio Captain Confirms He Navigated Close to Shore to Pick Up Cell Signal, But Blames Chief Officer for Grounding
- Australia Launches Livestock Carrier Inspection Campaign
- Ship Owners Lock In Charter Rates at 13-Year Highs
Maersk Group in brostrom bid
MAERSK IN BROSTROM BID
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy