MAERSK IN BROSTROM BID
The Maersk group has made a bid for Swedish chemical and product tanker operator Brostrom worth US$569m. According to the Danish giant, over 55% of Brostrom's shareholders had agreed to accept the offer, as recommended by the company's board.
"The scale of the combined operation will enable us to offer a superior world wide service through a large, modern and homogeneous fleet. We need scale to ensure our organisation is cost effective and for customers to have easy access to chartering offices globally. Combining Maersk Tankers and Broström"s scale with skilled and dedicated employees will further enhance our competitive position and create the world"s leading product tanker company," said Maersk Tankers CEO Søren Skou.
"From a business point of view there is a good match between our two companies," said Brostrom CEO Lennart Simonsson. "In our evaluation of various partners to team up with in the consolidation process it is our view that Maersk Tankers is one of the best partners. Both companies have a long and strong heritage in the tanker market and our combined resources give us a platform to further develop from."
- UAE says working to put out fire on oil tanker off Sharjah coast
- General Average Declared on Fire-Stricken Northern Jupiter
- F-35B Fighter Jets flies from British Carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth in UK's water
- Study: LNG as Marine Fuel not Such a Cool Choice?
- Japan-South Korea container trade shrinks
- Global Ports Holding’s JV Acquires Remaining Stake in Malaga Cruise Port
- Seafarer Happiness Down amid Stress over New Regulations, Increase in Racism
- Turkey’s Doğuş sells top Athens marina to Lamda
- Teekay Tankers Seals USD 533 Mn Loan, Sells Assets
- CSAV Exits RoRo Business
- Coronavirus fears for six crew members of CMA CGM vessel
- New Study Casts Shadow on LNG Fuel’s Climate Footprint
- Castor Maritime Raises Money to Expand Fleet
- Cheniere Ships 1,000th LNG Cargo from U.S. Gulf
- EUR 250 Mn Fund for Dutch Shipping Launched
Maersk Group in brostrom bid
MAERSK IN BROSTROM BID
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy
- Myanmar Navy’s New LPD ‘Moattama’ In Vladivostok