MAERSK IN BROSTROM BID
The Maersk group has made a bid for Swedish chemical and product tanker operator Brostrom worth US$569m. According to the Danish giant, over 55% of Brostrom's shareholders had agreed to accept the offer, as recommended by the company's board.
"The scale of the combined operation will enable us to offer a superior world wide service through a large, modern and homogeneous fleet. We need scale to ensure our organisation is cost effective and for customers to have easy access to chartering offices globally. Combining Maersk Tankers and Broström"s scale with skilled and dedicated employees will further enhance our competitive position and create the world"s leading product tanker company," said Maersk Tankers CEO Søren Skou.
"From a business point of view there is a good match between our two companies," said Brostrom CEO Lennart Simonsson. "In our evaluation of various partners to team up with in the consolidation process it is our view that Maersk Tankers is one of the best partners. Both companies have a long and strong heritage in the tanker market and our combined resources give us a platform to further develop from."
- Liverpool Dockworkers Plan Two More Weeks of Strikes
- Russia Prepared to Quit Black Sea Grain Deal
- Equinor Awards Platform Supply Vessel Contracts Worth $234 Million
- U.S. Coast Guard Guidance for Jones Act OSVs to Participate in Disaster Recovery Applauded By Industry
- FMC Proposing New Demurrage and Detention Billing Requirements
- World’s Largest Shipping Line MSC Announces New Air Cargo Service
- US To Speed Up Nuclear Submarine Deal With Australia
- Europe Investigates ‘Attacks’ on Russian Gas Pipelines to Europe
- Maersk Throws Its Support Behind the ‘Clean Shipping Act’ Introduced in U.S. Congress
- Nigeria Pins Hopes On Deep Sea Port To End Cargo Congestion
- N.Korea Fires Ballistic Missile Ahead Of U.S. VP Harris Visit
- Seven More Crop Laden Ships Leave Ukrainian Ports
- Greek Shipowners Kill EU’s Russian Oil Tanker Ban
- Another hurdle out of the way as Noble shareholders greenlight Maersk merger
- Fire on board of Turkish ship, Azov sea, Russia 1 crew died UPDATE
Maersk Group in brostrom bid
MAERSK IN BROSTROM BID
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy