MAERSK IN BROSTROM BID
The Maersk group has made a bid for Swedish chemical and product tanker operator Brostrom worth US$569m. According to the Danish giant, over 55% of Brostrom's shareholders had agreed to accept the offer, as recommended by the company's board.
"The scale of the combined operation will enable us to offer a superior world wide service through a large, modern and homogeneous fleet. We need scale to ensure our organisation is cost effective and for customers to have easy access to chartering offices globally. Combining Maersk Tankers and Broström"s scale with skilled and dedicated employees will further enhance our competitive position and create the world"s leading product tanker company," said Maersk Tankers CEO Søren Skou.
"From a business point of view there is a good match between our two companies," said Brostrom CEO Lennart Simonsson. "In our evaluation of various partners to team up with in the consolidation process it is our view that Maersk Tankers is one of the best partners. Both companies have a long and strong heritage in the tanker market and our combined resources give us a platform to further develop from."
- 4 SHIPS OFF UAE IN GULF OF OMAN WARN THEY’VE LOST CONTROL
- Accident report for another ship near the port of Fujairah in the UAE
- Months After Fire, NYK Delphinus Awaiting Start of Cargo Discharge Operations in Oakland
- German NGO Ship Rescues 100 Migrants In The Mediterranean Sea
- Iran Suspected in Deadly Tanker Attack off Oman
- NTSB Opens Public Docket in Golden Ray Investigation
- Hapag-Lloyd Raises Full-Year Earnings Outlook
- Cargo ship sinking in Arabian sea, 5 crew rescued, 13 missing
- UK Defense Ministry: Israel ship targeted in attack off Oman
- Costamare takes bulker fleet to 37 with acquisition of 21 vessels
- Large Blast Rocks Ship at Jebel Ali Port in Dubai
- Seaspan seals charter extensions with Cosco for 17 vessels
- Damning report emerges of the pilots onboard the Ever Given
- Russia Claims its Forces Used Live Fire to Chase Off UK Warship
- Ikea, Lenovo cargo worth $780 million stuck onboard MV Ever Given in the Suez Canal
Maersk Group in brostrom bid
MAERSK IN BROSTROM BID
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy