- Governments Pledge Actions for Seafarers and Crew Change at UK Summit
- American Boxship Rescues Three Sailors Off Hawaii
- Unlocking Improved Safety and Standards for Dry Bulk Shipping
- Pilot Program Test Blockchain Technology to Improve Container Handling
- Two Chinese Fishing Vessels Detained After Body Found on Board
- TUI Completes Sale of Hapag-Lloyd to Royal Caribbean Joint Venture
- North Sea Port Reports Strong Declines in Seabourne and Inland Volumes
- Germany Cruises Set to Resume While British Advise Against Cruising
- New House Bill Would Provide Relief for U.S. Ports, Maritime Operators
- TraPac Los Angeles Signs On for Environmental Certification Program
- CSSC unit to supply 10 dual-fuel engines for Yangzijiang newbuilds
- Pan Ocean launching new service connecting Guangzhou and South Korea
- Panama Canal increases maximum draught for neo-panamax locks
- Actual Number of Containers Lost at Sea Falling, Study Shows
- Philippine Red Cross Visits Stranded Crew on Abandoned Tanker
Maersk, Koole Terminals to Produce IMO 2020-Compliant Fuel in Rotterdam
Maersk’s subsidiary Maersk Oil Trading has teamed up with liquid bulk storage operator Koole Terminals for the production of IMO 2020-compliant bunker fuel in the Port of Rotterdam.
This news is a total 869 time has been read
ClassNK joins US cyber risk initiative ahead of IMO 2021ClassNK has become the first non-US and classification society partner to join the Maritime Transportation System Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MTS-ISAC) to help address cyber security risks.
Bureau Veritas appoints new chief executive for ChinaFormer employee Alex Gregg-Smith has returned to the fold and been appointed country chief executive, China for BV Marine & Offshore.
IMO Calls on Port States to Allow Seafarers Access to Medical CareIMO Secretary-General Kitack Lim has endorsed a set of industry guidelines for port states on how to accommodate seafarers' medical needs in the COVID-19 era.
ABS chief calls for adequate training of seafarers to cope with digital challengesThe shipping industry has been fairly slow in adopting digitalization, due to its conservative nature. Nevertheless, over the past few years, the pace of digitalization has sped up considerably and especially following the coronavirus pandemic.
IMO Secretary-General Reiterates Calls for Crew Change in WSJ Op-EdIn an op-ed published in The Wall Street Journal, Secretary-General of the International Maritime Organization Kitack Lim reiterated his call for all nations to make reasonable accommodations for crew changes.
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy