- Fincantieri Extends Production Halt at All Cruise Ship, Naval Plants
- Business of Shipping: Container Shipping Well-Positioned to Withstand COVID-19 Downturn
- Diana Shipping’s CEO Has COVID-19
- Coronavirus Delaying Safety Work Across Oil and Gas Sector
- Green LNG Seen as a Way to Meet IMO Emissions Targets, Study Shows
- South African Port Closures Add to Commodity Market Turmoil
- Meyer Werft: Impact of Coronavirus on New Cruise Ship Orders to Be Immense
- Stena Bulk About to Test Biofuel on Its MR Tanker
- FSG Delivers Eighth RoRo Newbuild to Siem
- Maersk Gjertrud Seafarers Suspected of Having Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Uncertainties Steer Konecranes to Profit Warning
- Schottel secures propulsion contract to equip US Navy vessels
- Clerc: 85 Pct of Maersk’s Global Office-Based Staff Work From Home
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Announces 2,500 Temporary Layoffs in U.S. and Mexico
- 3 Ships Approached in Two Days off West Africa
Maersk will increase rates
Maersk Line is announcing an increase in FAK rates (Freight All Kinds). Below are the FAK rates for a sample list of corridors, commodities and container types where the rate increase is effective.
This news is a total 889 time has been read
Saudis take 14 VLCCs, rocking day ratesVLCC earnings closed the week ending 6 March 2020 on US$34,000/day, but over the weekend OPEC+ collapsed and Saudi Arabia reduced crude oil prices and announced an increase in output. Bahri has booked 14 VLCCs sending rates soaring
Flex LNG Enjoys ‘Best-Ever’ Financial ResultsBermuda-based LNG carrier owner Flex LNG announced its best-ever financial results with a net income of around USD 24 million for the fourth quarter of 2019.
Hunter Nets USD 220 Mln Loan to Finance VLCC NewbuildsHunter Tankers AS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hunter Group ASA, has signed a binding agreement for a USD 220 million loan facility.
Royal Caribbean Books Stronger Full Year Results in 2019Global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises reported US GAAP net income of USD 1.9 billion for the full year of 2019, up from the 2018’s equivalent of USD 1.8 billion.
EU Launches EUR 75 Mn BlueInvest Fund to Boost InnovationThe European Commission is partnering with the European Investment Fund to launch the BlueInvest Fund in an effort to support innovations in the maritime sector.
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy
- Myanmar Navy’s New LPD ‘Moattama’ In Vladivostok