- US Navy completes pier project at Bahrain base to boost operational readiness
- Brazilian Authorities Rush to Prevent Potential Spill from Listing Stellar Banner
- Fincantieri launches Qatari’s first Doha-class corvette
- Two cargo ships pushed on embankment, one capsized, Tuzla
- Yamal LNG Ships 30 Million Tons of LNG
- Liners, Terminal Operators to Become Shareholders of Global Shipping Business Network
- IMO 2020 Entering New Phase with Carriage Ban
- 105 Sailings from Asia to North America and Europe Blanked in February
- Maersk Secures Sustainability-Linked $5 Billion Credit Facility
- Finnlines Reports Stable Result Despite Lower Volumes
- Pacific Basin Eyes Further Second-Hand Acquisitions, Staying Clear of Newbuilds
- Evergreen Line Rolls Out Digital Booking Platform
- MSC Cruises: Our Ship Was Turned Away Based on Fears, not Facts
- Ocean Yield Wins Arbitration Case against Okeanis
- NYK Cruises Cancels Cruises in March amid Coronavirus Outbreak
MOL starts AI technology systems tests
MOL announced the joint development, along with SenseTime Japan, of a new vessel image recognition and recording system, and the system’s installation for demonstration testing aboard the cruise ship “Nippon Maru” operated by Mitsui O.S.K. Passenger Line,
This news is a total 310 time has been read
105 Sailings from Asia to North America and Europe Blanked in FebruaryOcean carriers canceled about 105 sailings on the routes from Asia to the North America and Europe/Mediterranean regions alone in February 2020, according to the data from the UK-based consultancy Drewry.
NYK Cruises Cancels Cruises in March amid Coronavirus OutbreakNYK Cruises, an NYK Group company, said it would cancel all cruises on Asuka II scheduled to sail in March in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
Witt O’Brien’s Acquires Crisis Communications Group NavigateWitt O’Brien’s, LLC, a subsidiary of SEACOR Holdings, has acquired the maritime crisis and corporate communications agencies Navigate PR, Navigate Response, Navigate Response Asia Pte and Helix Media Pte, together known as Navigate.
Russian-state oil trader added to US OFAC listThe Swiss-based crude oil trading arm of Russia-backed Rosneft has been added to the US OFAC sanction list. US companies and citizens have until 20 May 2020 to unwind contracts
Cruise Ship Denied Entry to Jamaica, Cayman Islands amid Coronavirus FearsA cruise ship with over 4,500 passengers on board and over 1,600 crew members has been denied port access to Jamaica and Cayman Islands amid coronavirus precaution measures.
Alphaliner: Cargo Volumes at Chinese Ports to Drop by 6 Mln TEU due to Coronavirus ImpactThe extended Chinese Lunar New Year holidays and ad hoc measures aimed at curbing the spread of the coronavirus are expected to reduce cargo volumes at Chinese ports, by over 6 million TEU, according to Alphaliner’s estimates.
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy
- Myanmar Navy’s New LPD ‘Moattama’ In Vladivostok