• BIST 1.110
  • Altın 455,741
  • Dolar 7,2351
  • Euro 8,5204
  • İstanbul 24 °C
  • Ankara 21 °C

Panama ports volume up 13.7% in H1 2020

Panama ports volume up 13.7% in H1 2020
Panama's ports cargo volume grew by 13.7% in the first half of this 2020 to 3.8m teu compared to the same period a year ago.

During the first half of 2019, growth in cargo volume was of 0.6%.

All container ports reported positive numbers with the exception of Colon Container Terminal (CCT) which saw a drop of 4.9%, according to the Panama Maritime Authority (AMP) statistics department.

The terminal of Bocas Fruit Co., dedicated to banana exports, grew 60.7%; Manzanillo International Terminal (MIT-Panama), saw a 14.2% increase; Balboa, 6.9%; Cristobal, 16.5% and PSA Panama International Terminal, 34.2%.

According to the AMP report, the port system moved more than 600,000 teu per month, but in June saw a decrease of 572,444 teu between full and empty containers.

The Panamanian terminals moved 90% of cargo in transhipment and the remaining 10% in local cargo. Transhipment cargo reached 3.4m teu with 18.5% growth, while local cargo saw a 16% decrease.

Turkish maritime news

 
This news is a total 1469 time has been read
  • Comments 0
    UYARI: Küfür, hakaret, rencide edici cümleler veya imalar, inançlara saldırı içeren, imla kuralları ile yazılmamış,
    Türkçe karakter kullanılmayan ve büyük harflerle yazılmış yorumlar onaylanmamaktadır.
    Bu habere henüz yorum eklenmemiştir.
Other News
All Rights Reserved © 2006 TURKISH MARITIME | İzinsiz ve kaynak gösterilmeden yayınlanamaz.
Phone : 0090 212 293 75 48 | Fax : 0090 212 293 75 49 |