Polish ferry JAN SNIADECKI went out of control and struck pier at Ystad, Sweden, at around 1100 UTC Oct 24, on arrival from Swinoujscie, Poland. Ship bow suffered serious damages, as can be seen on photo. Pier was also damaged. Reportedly, prior to hitting pier JAN SNIADECKI moved dangerously close to berthed ferry. Cause of accident yet unknown.
- Brave Tern gearing up for largest wind turbines
- Pirates Attack Second Vessel in Gulf of Guinea Kidnapping Five Crew
- Employing the USMCA to Build Trade Between Florida and Mexico's Ports
- USCG: Needless Flares and Drunk Boating Still Illegal on 4th of July
- Chinese Officials Investigate COVID-19 During Crew Change on MSC Ship
- Burned Car Carrier Hoegh Xiamen Declared a Total Loss
- Wan Hai Lines launching Taiwan - Vietnam - Thailand service
- Container volume at major Chinese ports up 3.5% in late June
- Harland & Wolff Makes Turnaround With Cruise and Ferry Refits
- Hurtigruten Expands Cruising Including First Departures from Germany
- 11 industry majors pave way for accelerating energy transition
- Polish LNG terminal receives milestone 100th cargo
- U.S. Seeks Seize Iranian Gasoline from Four Tankers Headed to Venezuela
- Pirates Kidnap Nine from BW Offshore FPSO Off Nigeria
- Coast Guard, NTSB Investigating Lost Containers in Hawaii
Polish ferry severely damaged in collision at Ystad, Sweden
Polish ferry JAN SNIADECKI went out of control and struck pier at Ystad, Sweden, at around 1100 UTC Oct 24, on arrival from Swinoujscie, Poland. Ship bow suffered serious damages, as can be seen on photo.
This news is a total 470 time has been read
Pirates Attack Second Vessel in Gulf of Guinea Kidnapping Five CrewA cargo vessel was the latest target of pirates in the waters off Benin. This attack came just one day after reports of an even more brazen attack on a vessel in the oil fields in the Gulf of Guinea.
Burned Car Carrier Hoegh Xiamen Declared a Total LossIn a brief statement issued Friday, shipowner Ocean Yield ASA reported that the burned car carrier Hoegh Xiamen has been declared a total constructive loss.
Pirates Kidnap Nine from BW Offshore FPSO Off NigeriaPirates attacked an oil production vessel off Nigeria in the early hours of Thursday and kidnapped nine Nigerian nationals, the ship’s owner BW Offshore said.
Crew kidnap warning for ships in Southern Philippines/East MalaysiaA warning issued in May over members of the Abu Sayyaf group looking to kidnap crew from ships in waters in the southern Philippines and East Malaysia has been repeated.
Video: Container Barge Strikes Bridge in RotterdamAn inland container barge allided with the center span of the iconic Willemsbrug bridge east of the port of Rotterdam on Wednesday. Three containers went into the water, according to local media.
Cypriot Shipowners Call for Action on Gulf of Guinea KidnappingsIn a statement Thursday, the Cyprus Shipping Chamber (CSC) expressed "growing frustration at the ineffectiveness of the international community" in solving the longstanding problem of piracy and maritime kidnapping in the Gulf of Guinea.
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy