- Tanker Rate Surge Drives Record ClarkSea Index Spike
- First British F-35B Land Onboard HMS Queen Elizabeth
- Wärtsilä, Norsepower Team Up on Wind Propulsion Services for Shipping
- Freighter Runs Aground off Corsica, France
- PETRONAS Conducts Its 3rd LNG Break-Bulking STS Tansfer
- Trump Reaches Partial Deal with China, Delays Tariffs
- Cargo Ship Refloated after Grounding off Dominican Coast
- Will ground-based hypersonic missiles replace aircraft carriers in the defense budget?
- Golden Ray to Be Disassembled in St. Simons Sound
- 2020 Bulkers Secures Work for Another Newbuild
- Sasol Invests in 1st South African-Owned Chemical Tanker
- Teekay Inks Hummingbird FPSO Employment Extension
- Supertankers See Another Windfall with Attack on Iranian Ship
- Box ships dominate Panama Canal's record tonnage
- Successful First Sea Trials For Philippine Coast Guard OCEA OPV 270
Sanctions good for tankers as VLCC rates skyrocket
Sanctions are not something generally seen as good for shipping, as they usually impede free trade, but the latest US sanctions against Cosco for carrying Iranian oil have caused the VLCC market to skyrocket.
This news is a total 111 time has been read
Supertankers See Another Windfall with Attack on Iranian ShipSupertankers hauling oil on some of the world’s longest trade trade routes had already been enjoying a massive windfall. Then came a reported attack on an Iranian ship.
Ballast water compliance: what you need to knowThe BWM Convention was recently amended during the 74th International Maritime Organization’s Maritime Environment Protection Committee meeting.
Blow for Iran as Chinese oil group pulls out of flagship gas field projectChinese oil company CNPC has withdrawn from Iran’s flagship hydrocarbons project in a further blow to the Islamic republic’s economy, which has been hammered by US sanctions.
Sanctions good for tankers as VLCC rates skyrocketSanctions are not something generally seen as good for shipping, as they usually impede free trade, but the latest US sanctions against Cosco for carrying Iranian oil have caused the VLCC market to skyrocket.
Investigators probing four suicides involving carrier crewHampton Roads authorities have joined federal law enforcement agents investigating the recent suicide deaths of four sailors assigned to the aircraft carrier George H.W. Bush.
3 sailors assigned to USS George H.W. Bush commit suicide in same weekThe US Navy confirmed to CNN on Tuesday that three sailors assigned to the USS George H. W. Bush aircraft carrier off the coast of Virginia died by suicide in "separate incidents" last week and has launched an investigation into their deaths.
- Ballast water compliance: what you need to know
- Hyundai Heavy Obtains Second USCG BWMS Type Approval
- First private container terminal NSICT wants to change course
- World’s first hydrogen-powered seagoing vessel docks in London
- Astro Ocean Cruise’s First Ship Named in China
- Vopak Can Now Sell Algeciras Terminal
- Hapag-Lloyd announces VMS on FP1 Service
- CMA CGM complies with IMO 2020 (video)
- COSCO Tankers Go Dark Amid U.S. Sanctions
- NRF: Imports at Major US Ports to Surge Ahead of December Tariffs
- MISC Orders LNG Carrier Duo, Inks Charter Deals with Exxon
- Teekay Shuttle Tankers Issues USD 125 Mn Green Bonds Due 2024
- DryShips Shareholders Vote for SPII Holdings Merger
- Panama Canal Handles Record Tonnage in 2019 Fiscal Year
- Fourth New 5,400-Lane-Meter RoRo Ship Joins CLdN Fleet
- Chief Officer Muharrem Cimen killed by snapped line, Spain
- KOTUG, Horizon Maritime Create Joint Venture in Canada
- First Phase of Ecuador’s Posorja Deep Water Port Completed
- Maersk Tankers, Cargill and Mitsui Team Up to Cut GHG Emissions in Shipping
- Kongsberg, MAN ES to Collaborate on Common Data