- CSBC names Yang Ming’s two newbuilds
- Brodosplit splashes Quark Expedition’s new polar vessel
- Nippon Paint Marine’s new coating gaining on popularity among dry bulk owners
- OOS International’s newbuild SSCV awaits sea trials
- San Francisco Firefighters Save WWII Liberty Ship SS Jeremiah O'Brien
- China Enters the Low-Sulfur Shipping Era
- Iranian Tankers Approach Venezuela
- Japanese majors form consortium to develop, commercialize zero-emission electric ships
- Product Tanker Boarded and Robbed off Port-au-Prince
- Da Hoop Conducts Remote Sea Trials for Silversea Newbuild
- Hapag-Lloyd Containership Quarantined in South Africa After Crew Members Test Positive for Virus
- Continuing Tensions Over Iran's Fuel Shipment to Venezuela
- Branson's Virgin Voyages Postpones Launch
- Bahri Puts LNG Tanker Plan on Hold, Sources Say
- Port of Virginia’s CEO John Reinhart Announces Retirement Date
Saudis To Buyers: You’ll Get Your Oil Volumes Despite Attack
Saudi Arabia’s state oil giant Aramco has informed some of its major Asian customers that they would receive all the oil supply they had contracted
This news is a total 662 time has been read
The problem of ships using open-loop scrubbersUncertainty around the sustainability of open-loop scrubbers continues to escalate in the shipping industry ahead of the implementation of the IMO’s sulphur cap in 2020. Varsha Saraogi investigates whether shipowners should be using them.
Risk to Shipping Set to Rise in Middle East with U.S. Attack on Top Iranian CommanderThe risk to shipping in the Persian Gulf region is set to rise following a U.S. airstrike in Iraq that killed a top Iranian commander, just months after spiking to record levels on heightened geopolitical risk.
Oil price surge reflects genuine concern of US-Iran conflictThere has been a common fallacy for a while that, thanks to the US shale revolution, the world has plenty of oil.
What New Threats to Strategic Stability in Asia Did 2019 Bring?The year 2019 has become a turning point in relations between great nuclear powers. According to Russian military expert Vasily Kashin, this has had a direct effect on the strategic situation in Asia.
U.S., China Move Closer to Trade Deal Despite Harsh RhetoricThe U.S. and China are moving closer to agreeing on the amount of tariffs that would be rolled back in a phase-one trade deal despite tensions over Hong Kong and Xinjiang, people familiar with the talks said.
How the Trade War and a Changing China Are Roiling Global ShippingBy Ann Koh and Serene Cheong (Bloomberg) –The trade war and China’s economic shift made 2018 a tough year for global shipping and will continue to reverberate through the industry, according to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy