- TORM Invests in Scrubber-Fitted LR2 Newbuilding Pair
- China’s Crude Oil Thirst Drives Brazilian Exports to All-Time High
- Denmark: New Initiative Launched to Get More Women on Board
- BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse Join Poseidon Principles
- Royal Australian Navy establishes new warfighting agency
- Russian Navy’s Gremyaschiy corvette completes sea trials
- NYK: Coal Carrier Newbuild Starts Working for Joban Joint Power
- Report: Haifa Port Privatization Cleared
- Pirates Fire Upon Boxship off Nigeria
- Port of Karachi Bans Discharge of Scrubber Wash Water
- Large Vessel Demand Rises as Boxships Queuing for Scrubber Retrofits
- Schulte, DEVK Create New Maritime Asset Investment Platform
- IMO Secretary-General: Prices for Compliant Fuels Stabilizing
- France orders eight diving support fast boats for navy
- US Navy unveils name of newest Ford-class aircraft carrier
Shipping ‘extremely ill-prepared’ for IMO 2020
Shipowners and operators are urged to immediately execute their respective Ship Implementation Plan (SIP) to prepare for the 2020 fuel sulphur regulation which is less than four months away.
This news is a total 791 time has been read
IMO Secretary-General: Prices for Compliant Fuels StabilizingPrices for compliant fuels, very-low sulphur fuel oil (VLSFO) and marine gas oil (MGO), rose quickly since the start of implementation of the sulphur cap on January 1, 2020, but now appear to be stabilizing, IMO Secretary-General Kitack Lim said.
Kitack Lim to Lead IMO for Another 4 YearsThe Assembly of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) has approved the renewal of Kitack Lim’s appointment as Secretary-General of IMO.
New Zeland to Join IMO Air Pollution ConventionNew Zealand revealed plans to sign up to new international maritime regulations to reduce ship emissions and lift air quality around ports and harbors, Julie Anne Genter, the country’s Associate Transport Minister, said.
Pangaea Sells Bulker Duo for USD 11 MnU.S.-based shipping company Pangaea Logistics Solutions has reached agreements to sell two of its vessels for a total price of USD 11 million.
BAWAT secures IMO Type Approval for pasteurisation treatment systemDanish company BAWAT has secured IMO Type Approval from Lloyd’s Register for a pasteurisation treatment system.
Frederick J. Kenney: No Country Has Ratified Every Single IMO TreatyThere is no country in the world that has ratified every single International Maritime Organization (IMO) convention, Frederick J. Kenney, Director of Legal and External Affairs at IMO, pointed out at an international conference in Jeddah on November 6.
- Philippine Coast Guard Takes Possession Of “Gabriela Silang”
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Newest Vista-Class Ship
- Simorgh drone joining Iran’s Navy
- Myanmar Navy’s New LPD ‘Moattama’ In Vladivostok