South Korean yard SLS Shipbuilding is still going ahead with the construction of up to 13 ships for Stolt Tankers despite one tanker cancellation.
A senior official from SLS Shipbuilding told on Thursday that the South Korean yard is still going ahead with the construction of up to 13 ships for Stolt Tankers.
Stolt Tankers on Wednesday announced that it has cancelled a contract with SLS for a 44,000-dwt coated parcel tanker, the first in a series of four similar tankers ordered from the yard, citing ?extended delivery delays?.
SLS executive vice-president Pan Du Sohn told that ?construction on the other three coated parcel tankers has begun and they are still being built as planned.?
According to Pan, aside from this order, there had been a previous order for two similar-sized coated parcel tankers.
Pan said that construction has not begun on this previous order for two coated parcel tankers.
?In addition to these five coated parcel tankers, we are also building eight stainless steel parcel tankers for Stolt,? he said.
He added that the eight stainless steel parcel tankers are also 44,000 dwt vessels.